Trouble Hitting The Point Value - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trouble Hitting The Point Value

I often find that I have a lot of trouble hitting the designated point value with my army lists. For example, most of my 1,000 point army lists are either 999 or 1001. Does anyone else have this problem with their Eldar army? Is this a problem ALL the armies have?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Err, I dont think you should worry too much about hitting the EXACT points value, I've never had an opponent who cared if i was points over (offer them the difference for their own army) or points under (declare you are purposely using less points to prove you are better because you are Eldar...and therefore are made of pointy-eared win).
    Herald of the Colonel; Festooned with pistols, riddled with vermin, and finger lickin' good...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

The agreed value for a game is not exact, it can be less if that's how it works out.

You should aim not to be above, but in friendly games a point isn't going to make much difference.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I get all that. I was just looking to start a discussion with people about whether or not they find that their army lists never hit the number exactly. Share your own findings... I'm not looking for advice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Rarely do I hit the exact number. I think my current Eldar army is something like 1497pts. I've managed to nail it exactly a few times in the past, but usually that's quite rare. Now there aren't really any pieces of wargear that are a point or two, unless you really work on the numbers in your units it's inevitable.

I just make the army get near the limit and settle with how it looks ;Y.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure

If you crunch the numbers and tweak wargear etc, you can nail it, but being a point under or over isn't bad. Its usually bad form to be 2-3 over though.

Cheers
    Have fun,

Frank

"Orcs are what happens when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles grow old and bitter."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

I get what you are saying. The lack of an armoury and the often odd points value for units means that it is very rare to get the exact points limit. It's not like we can give grenades or whatever to characters like other armies can to get bang on the points. It is a little irking at times, especially when you are like 1 point under being able to add another dire avenger or something and it's for a tourney...
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

My current Eldar list is 1498. But that said, for some reason I used to be able to get my Nids to be basically bang on the limits. Must have been the setup that I used in them.

That said, I've only ever got my Eldar right on two or three times. Not that it really matters... :rofl
    But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
    Psalm 55:16

+ Reply to Thread