Question about Burna Boyz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about Burna Boyz

Hi! I want to field some Burnaz and a few questions come to mind.

Is it possible to put 15 Burna Boyz in a Battle Wagon, move 12" and shoot with all of them? How exactly does this work? If you could place the template over let's say 6 enemy models, would you roll to wound 90 times?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Check the Rulebook on multiple template weapons. Basicalyl you do 1 at a time. So you place 1 tempalte, it hits 6 models, you roll 6 wounds and they make saves. You then place the 2nd tempalte, assuming you killed 1 with the 1st, you now hit 5 models and roll 5 wounds, and they make saves. Then you place the 3rd template, etc... You do this until you have either placed all the templates or killed the squad off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyclops View Post
    Check the Rulebook on multiple template weapons. Basicalyl you do 1 at a time. So you place 1 tempalte, it hits 6 models, you roll 6 wounds and they make saves. You then place the 2nd tempalte, assuming you killed 1 with the 1st, you now hit 5 models and roll 5 wounds, and they make saves. Then you place the 3rd template, etc... You do this until you have either placed all the templates or killed the squad off.
    I disagree, but do not have my rule book at hand. I thought that all of the wounds were tallied up BEFORE saves... or do templates diverge from the norm order of shooting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by KhlauKolash View Post
    I disagree, but do not have my rule book at hand. I thought that all of the wounds were tallied up BEFORE saves... or do templates diverge from the norm order of shooting?
    Templates do in fact diverge. The guy above you had it nailed; can't reference page numbers off-hand. templates and blasts are fully resolved individually.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

Yes.
    Unfortunately a squad of burna boys isn't as good as one might think, if they're on foot then each shot has to come from the model who's firing the weapon, so unless they're all in a line then there'll be friendly fire (ahahahaha).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

As a sisters of battle player I know all about not flaming your own troops, so I can see this being a problem with Burna Boyz, except that they have another option. Use them as power weapons when you've run out of room or inclination to flame. BB's are an expensive, fragile and short-ranged unit, but they potentially hit exceptionally hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Check the RB, its on page 31, "Multiple Template Weapons".

Though as hs5ias mentioned, with Burnas you want to charge in and use them as PW. Note that if you flame with them and then charge that same turn, then they don't count as a PW for that initial assault phase (but will for subsiquent phases). So its best to use a few flamers, but save the majority for PW death

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

Good point I suppose, so you melt one or two guys and then carve them up!
    Ok, two rows of dudes would be great then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies! They will jump right into assault then. 8Y

+ Reply to Thread