Librarium Online Forums banner

Biel Tan Wraithguard

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  LordLink 
#1 ·
Is it fluffy to include wraithguard in a bien tal army?

They are supposed to be aspect heavy, and in my 2k list I would have: fire dragons, dark reapers, scorpions, dire avengers, warp spiders, some guardians, a farseer, an avatar, fire prism, and a falcon.

If I was to include a unit of 4 wraithguard with a warlock would that be unfluffy compared to, lets say some swooping hawks?

Anyways I was just thinking about it and I wanted my army to remain rather canonical, but I really like the idea of a small wraithguard unit for cleanse.

#2 ·
It wouldn't be unfluffy, Beil Tann may be heavy on the aspect warriors but that does not mean they are devoid of other units, it just means they have less than Iyanden example, whom rely on such units greatly.

So yeh, I think Wraithgaurd are perfectly viable. They'll be quite slow however compared to what you have now and they probably won't find themselves doing as much as you hoped. Give them a try anyways but thats what I think would be the case.

#3 ·
Actually, wraithgaurd in small amounts are useable in the Biel Tan fluff. Every Elldar wears a soulstone, and if that soul still requires the thrill of battle then it would probably want to continue fighting. Also, the only eldar who can become wraithgaurd and wraithlords are great warriors and heroes, and I think that the aspect warriors have better warriors than gaurdians.

#4 ·
well if you wanted to go for a almost full aspect army then the wraithguard....well... wouldn't be"aspecty". Although I agree with the others, there pretty sweet. But If you wanted to go for pure aspects then I'd go with the swooping hawks. Although they're totally different units(purposes I mean). But if you have a use for the wraithguard, go for it8Y

#5 ·
I think that 4-6 Wraithguard and a Warlock with Conceal pose no problems fluff-wise, and if you are going to take Wraithguard, then either that or a Wave Serpent is the way to go. If they are with a Warlock, and walking across the field, then will have decent survivabilty, and should draw alot of fire. Or, if they are ignored, they can make that Land Raider go explodey. I have had some success using these guys, but it is really hit or miss. But hey, they can eat small arms fire all day long, and even withstand a fair few heavy hits. Remember that Fearless means your opponent has drop every member of the squad for them to stop being a threat, as even a single Wraithguard can kill off that nice, shiny Land Raider without to0 much trouble.

#6 ·
If foot slogging, it is probably better to just head for the objectives rather than hunt down units. They have pretty good survivability and they will just be hell on the opponent to remove, so you can at least count on the to contest objectives, if they take it, thats a large points unit on it.

#7 ·
Eldar are a dieing race, their population dimishes with every generation, even ignoring wars, accordingly it is difficult to assemble forces and the loss of a living body is greivous.

Thus all craftworld adopt the practice of using the dead in their forces, abhorant though it is, ie it is fluffy

#8 ·
Say theres a made-up world of Kiri-Vael or something. It is made up mostly of wraithguard.

However Biel-Tan is one of, if not the, biggest craftworld in the galaxy. It will still most likely have more wraithguard at its disposal then my little Kiri-Vael. Yes, its fluffy to use them.

Besides they're the most warlike craftworld, they're more likely to see becoming a wraith as an honour to keep fighting. Unlike Ulthwe who would be more likely to see it as an abomination.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.