5th ed, oh look, we're gimped (Eldar) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

5th ed, oh look, we're gimped (Eldar)

The 5th ed. rumours are killing us, whatre we going to do? the main problem is we can only fire one weapon if our vehicles move more than 6".

Im off to play my Vampire Counts.

Thoughts?

omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

I'm still basically boycotting Eldar for my Dark Eldar, so I guess I'm fine, I only get one weapon anyway. But aside from that, I vote that we chill out until the new rule book comes out. I'm not gonna stress about the future until it actually comes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a friend that plays the Tau army, and he's pretty annoyed too. We talked yesterday and if it's really bad we may either just play by 4th edition rules, or make our own house game.

It's not just the reclassification of defensive weapons that's going to kill the eldar. It's the increase in mobility for other armies, the downgrading of rending, the over all reduction on the survivability of skimmers...

I think after 5th edition comes out, the only eldar armies you see will be full of wraithguard.

I don't plan on spending $150 to get 10 of those guys.

I might start fielding some guardians as meat shields since friendly troops block LOS, but that's very anti-eldar.

Honestly, I have no idea what to do. I'm not doing very well with my Eldar army as is, so quitting the game entirely looks pretty plausible.

No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by just_will View Post
    I think after 5th edition comes out, the only eldar armies you see will be full of wraithguard.
    Thats a pretty general statement. I highly doubt that a new edition would be so damaging to a new codex that Eldar would revert to the state of their previous codex.

Mongoose has the right idea. Don't stress over things that are just rumors. I have heard so many rumors regarding 5th, everything from there being no 5th edition at all to 5th being pretty much a return of 2nd.

For what its worth, a black shirt told my friend that 5th will be a minor smoothing out of rules like 4th was. I'm hoping this is the case as all the shiny new rules the rumors say seem to complicate things.

But I'm not going to quit Black Templars or burn my army lists just because someone says power fists might lose an attack and skimmers might suck.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

I highly advise fantasy. Great game.

Yeah, we pay 185 points for the common falcon, which now fires either:

2 S8 AP2 shots a turn

4 S6 AP6 shots a turn

3 S6 AP 5 shots a turn

Hmmm, its never going to make its points back now.

Ah, but im on the verge of meching p my army, should i? or shouldnt i?

Either that or im playing Jetbikes, Guardians, Wraitharmy, or Rangerarmy.

(work out the craftworlds )
    Last edited by Katie Drake; February 8th, 2008 at 03:18.
    omgitsduane:

Quote:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon Hand View Post
    Mongoose has the right idea. Don't stress over things that are just rumors. I have heard so many rumors regarding 5th, everything from there being no 5th edition at all to 5th being pretty much a return of 2nd.

For what its worth, a black shirt told my friend that 5th will be a minor smoothing out of rules like 4th was. I'm hoping this is the case as all the shiny new rules the rumors say seem to complicate things.
    I'm hoping you heard right Ebon, though I do hope they go with that ramming rule set thats floating around out there. (That one definately looks like fun...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Aww, Arch, i feel your pain... in my laughter! Eldar getting 'gimped' as you put it will purely bring their cheesyness down a notch, and they may now be in line with every other army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

Deci.... shut up.....

I just bought £150 of Eldar skimmers the other day (8 grav tanks)

Now look, the falcons are nigh on useless. Footslogging eldar are the superior ones.

But something SWAT pointed out, it could be a fake, as its an exact replica of 4th ed.
    omgitsduane:

Quote:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon Hand View Post

But I'm not going to quit Black Templars or burn my army lists just because someone says power fists might lose an attack and skimmers might suck.
    I believe a beta version of the 5th edition rules has been seen and can be found. While I'm sure some of the rumors aren't right, I'm also sure a lot of them are. Look at how well GW did in keeping the new Ork codex rules quiet.

As for your Black Templar army, since Space Marines are the bread and butter of GW, I highly doubt they'll ever be made ineffective.

But mark my words, if the 5th edition rumors are correct, successful eldar armies will mostly be made up of wraithwalls. They're going to be the most effective eldar unit from the looks of things.

And why would GW do that? let's see, a falcon with 6 harlies (the current common make up of an eldar army) costs $70-$80. Meanwhile, 10 wraithguard = $150.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Yea i noticed that too. I think its more of a rumour roundup than a leak. Still, eldar tanks do need a nerfing asap one way or another.
    Last edited by Phoenix; January 21st, 2008 at 20:22.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast