Flash gitz with the new book - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Flash gitz with the new book

So reading through the new book I wanted to see how people are planning on determining the AP value of their Flashgitz now. When reading the entry, it is not resolved similiarly to Lootaz entry where the Lootas indicate you make 1 roll. Reading the entry it appears that you have to roll per model, however from a player point of view this feels ridiculous. So here's the options I see

1. Make 1 roll for the whole unit similar to the Lootas, but again the unit entry doesn't indicate this.

2. Make 1 roll per model after hitting, prior to rolling the damage result.

Thoughts??

40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answer seems pretty clear to me. The codex says to roll once per shooting phase for the units AP, so roll one die for the whole squad (pg. 56 in the Ork codex, in the snazzguns entry)

Hope that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by windbourne View Post
    Answer seems pretty clear to me. The codex says to roll once per shooting phase for the units AP, so roll one die for the whole squad (pg. 56 in the Ork codex, in the snazzguns entry)

Hope that helps.
    I concur

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by windbourne View Post

Hope that helps.
    Completely missed the word "unit" thanks for the smack !
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many people are actualy even gonna take Flash Gitz? They have nice stats, but are a wee bit expensive if you think about it. I myself want to make a small mob someday just for modelling purposes, but how effective does anyone even think they are?
    "Dear Diary: Today I may of accidentally registered myself as a sex offender. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY LIFE!" - Dinosaur Comics

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitnam View Post
    How many people are actualy even gonna take Flash Gitz? They have nice stats, but are a wee bit expensive if you think about it. I myself want to make a small mob someday just for modelling purposes, but how effective does anyone even think they are?
    Well they do have nob type stats which is fairly nice not to mention you can give them a painboy so they are even more durable.

Also they are a very orky unit which always has its bonus to some people :C .
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say roll a d6 for each model but give them BLASTA, so they get bonus for AP, but they get GETS HOT!

A small pric e to pay in my oppinion.
    Stupid people do stupid things
    Smart people outsmart each other
    And I... Play guitar and write folk songs

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by War Boss Ghark View Post
    I say roll a d6 for each model but give them BLASTA, so they get bonus for AP, but they get GETS HOT!

A small pric e to pay in my oppinion.
    I personally would go with more dakka since orks BS is fairly poor which means that you need to try and get as many shots as you can get...not high quailty ones just numbers and hope the dice roll in your favor.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But under the new codex a units of flash gitz can take all of the for +15 per model.
    Stupid people do stupid things
    Smart people outsmart each other
    And I... Play guitar and write folk songs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally they look too expensive IMO. Thats a lot of points per model and I think the original concept of the flash gitz is confused. I always thought they were just a mass shooty force that could fire obscene amounts of shots at high STR. But that seems to be have been taken by the Lootas and now we have Nobs with big guns. Wouldn't it have been better to make their physical stats no better than the average ork but keep the gun so that their points cost would be lower?

Have people considered taking them as an alternative to Nob squads as they have Nob style stats already?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast