Spirit Stones - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spirit Stones

Senior Member Commissar_Malevich's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spirit Stones

Does anyone know what Dark Eldar use in place of spirit stones?

Armies:
    Nids 2500pts and Breeding!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Dark Eldar don't use anything in place of them, once they die they get taken by Slaanesh. However, though this may not be entirely spot on, they did make a pact of sorts with the chaos god; in which if they took the lives of enough beings in the galaxy than their own souls would be spared the fate all eldar fear. (That is of course, each dark eldar would have to reach some sort of amount, not the race as a whole to keep Slaanesh away permenantly.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
    Dark Eldar don't use anything in place of them, once they die they get taken by Slaanesh. However, though this may not be entirely spot on, they did make a pact of sorts with the chaos god; in which if they took the lives of enough beings in the galaxy than their own souls would be spared the fate all eldar fear. (That is of course, each dark eldar would have to reach some sort of amount, not the race as a whole to keep Slaanesh away permenantly.)
    Well ummm..............I think that you might find that their souls would be consumed by the other DE around them, thats if there are any De around them to do this.

But if its a lonely uncertain death in the hands of the enemy outside of the webway then its meal time for Slaanesh!

I think that DE would rather slaughter in battle or be slaughtered trying in the presence of their kin as I you will find that their vampiric nature should cover off any stray souls that might try and leech into the warp.

Any way spirit stones are for girlie Eldar who are afraid dying alone and their souls are supposed to stored away in the infinity circuit, whereas Dark Eldar souls are reabsorbed by the nearest kin.
    Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Senior Member Commissar_Malevich's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard of such things as "corrupted spirit stones" do they exist? As for being reabsorbed, what exactly to you mean by that? Do they just become part of the other Dark eldar and enhance them or something?
    Armies:
    Nids 2500pts and Breeding!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar_Malevich View Post
    I've heard of such things as "corrupted spirit stones" do they exist? As for being reabsorbed, what exactly to you mean by that? Do they just become part of the other Dark eldar and enhance them or something?
    I don't know about corrupted spirit stones (since i haven't seen any references to spirit stones in any form in the DE fluff) but maybe you are thinking of tortured ("corrupted") wraithbone? We use quite a bit of that for various technologies like our Soul Seeking Ammo, horrofexes, etc.
    /WHAO/TH-/HEL/DAO/KWRAO/TH*EUPBG/KWR-/PH-/STPH
    /TP-/KWRAO/K-/RAOED/THEUS/THEPB/WAOE/SH-D/KHAT/SPHAOEUPL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar_Malevich View Post

Hi,
    Please see the second last story in the Codex for more on the “reabsorbtion” theory, the rules for Kruellagh the Vile and her weapon the “Soul Flayer” that shows this in action on a model (also the story for her in the left hand side bar) and the rules for the Animus Vitae in the Arcane Wargear that describes the benefits of doing so.

If you need more just consider how “Soul Seeking Ammo” works, all Dark Eldar technology is actively aimed at seeking out souls more than just the physical bodies (captured bodies are more for amusement in the gladiatorial arenas, whereas souls are gleaned for survival of the race) and this is the primary purpose of obtaining slaves. To distill by torture the essence of a soul, release it by death and then reabsorb the coalescing cloud that drifts from the body as it attempts to cross over into the warp.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let me pose this question...is it possible to corrupt a soulstone?

+ Reply to Thread