Need help modelling warriors! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help modelling warriors!

I have my army set up for a local tournament, but i need some way to model lash whips on to my warriors. I only have 2 warriors with 2 sets of lash whips. I was planning on using the tube of the venom cannon as the base then adding some green stuff to make it longer, but i only have 2 of those. Help please!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -49 (x0)

Some metal string seems the obvious. Do your mother bake bread? Over here it's common to have rolls of small tranclucent bags to store baked bread. They come with metal strings encased in paper, for tying up said bags. If you have access to any such, they are easy to bend, but hopefully strong enough to support the greenstuff you put around it to form a whip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

How many do you need?

Anyway, the venom cannon feeder arm is a good idea, but if you need more, you could try some other weapons. The BS feeder arm would work as well. Basicly what you need to do is to put a little glob of GS on the end of the arm. Get a couple pieces of wire and bend them up and put them in the GS to make lashes. Then later you can coat them with a think film of GS and put a hook on the end. Where the GS connects to the arm, if you aren't a good sculptor you can use an extended carapace piece to cover over the transition. This can work with any warrior sized tyranid arm.

Another trick is to only give one lash per warrior and have the other arm be a scything talon or something. That way for each 'pair' of lashes, you only need 1. This should be legal because this way of doing it was featured in the old dex and had some pics in other places of the model.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I modeled my warrior w/ lash whip, I used a barbed strangler feeder tube attatched to a warrior rending claw arm. For the tip, i used the tongue of a carnifex acid maw with some spiky bits as talons glued on at the end. The other arm was simply a rending claw, which lends itself to a commanding pose. I'll upload some photos if youre interested I seeing it.

As you can tell, I had a lot of fex parts lying around, but you can do the same or better with any well-stocked bitz box and a little ingenuity.

Hive Fleet Toxicus W/L/T: 3/1/2

+ Reply to Thread