Transporting burna boyz and lootaz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

Transporting burna boyz and lootaz

Hi !

I just reread my codex for the I don't know how many time and I just realised that in Lootaz, Burna boyz and tank bustaz entries, there is no mention of transport options. Did I miss something or is it just because you heve to carry them in looted wagons on battlewagons ?

MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope not. How else are u meant to get tankbusters and flashgits within range shy of a battlewagon? That said I double checked and your right. I am tempted to ask at GW when I next go in but I am worried I will get answer I wont like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They would be too cheap if you transport them in a trukk. You need to get battle wagons or looted wagons for them. Kind of fitting seeing as they´ve got some mekaniaks tagging along with them now.

I´d get a looted transport with a skorcha and armoured top for the burna boyz.
    Currently painting The Pink Slaughter (Slaanesh CSM), Waaaaagh Bigtoof (Orks) for 40k/OnePage40k and UCM Ferrum 2nd for Dropzone Commander.
    Gallery:http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/us...tiebestie.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I would use the new FW apocalypse rules, 3 looted rhinos as 1 heavy slot, carry almost as much as a wagon but can take deffrollas! And come standard with armoured top.
    W/D/L Ork Tide 22/1/14

Click here to feed me some squigs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're definately stuck with either a looted wagon or a battlewagon, but dont despair! I have used burna boyz in a battlewagon and it works quite excellently. Take a large mob with three meks with big shootas on a battlewagon and you have a very, very, hardy unit that will wade through copious amounts of firepower practically unscathed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't give whatever burna's are riding in 'ard top! then they can't charge out of it with delicious power weapons!! Don't forget the stikkbomb chukka, drive up and assault ANYONE in cover, chances are they die. obviously if they've got 5+ saves burn them. I think that's a philosophy for life right there.
    If I've replied, i've probably used Italics...

www.goodbyeboltgun.blogspot.com - Some of my stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Age View Post
    Don't give whatever burna's are riding in 'ard top! then they can't charge out of it with delicious power weapons!! Don't forget the stikkbomb chukka, drive up and assault ANYONE in cover, chances are they die. obviously if they've got 5+ saves burn them. I think that's a philosophy for life right there.

I'm actually having great success with 12 Burna Boyz in a Looted Wagon with Red Paint and Stikkbomb Chukka. Usually my opponents focus on my Trukks or 30-strong Shootas, so the Wagon can sneak up on their HQs!!! I've takin' to calling them "Da Hit Squad" or "Termie Torchas".

Pretty good for 225pts...
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, never been that strong on the base rules, so maybe this is covvered somewhere and I don't know it, but if I load some lootas in a waggon or looted tank, can they fire from the moving vehical? Or do they still count as having moved? (assuming it remains open topped)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Assault vs heavy weapons

Quote Originally Posted by HughandCry View Post
    Hi, never been that strong on the base rules, so maybe this is covvered somewhere and I don't know it, but if I load some lootas in a waggon or looted tank, can they fire from the moving vehical? Or do they still count as having moved? (assuming it remains open topped)
    2 tiered answer. If you mount lootas in a battlewagon the looted weapons cannot fire if the battlewagon moves as they are heavy weapons. However, if you upgrade some of the lootas to meks, they can fire their kustom mega blastas as they are assault weapons, if I remember right they .. if they are heavy weapons well their in the same boat as the lootas.

SUMMARY:
    -Heavy weapons cannot fire from a moving vehicle, assault weapons can fire from a moving vehicle as per the standard moving vehicle rules IE vehicle moves 6 inches may fire, more 12 cannot.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

I just thought I'd throw out that the chances of Lootas needing a transport is pretty slim. They have an excellent range and can't use their weapons if they move so there should be little incentive to do anything other than sit still and blast things.

Katie D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast