Orks in Cities of Death - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orks in Cities of Death

Dear all,

I just wanted to find how all of you customize your ladz for urban warfare purposes. I read in the thread "What should we do about the Eldar" and have been captivated with the potency of an all truck army with sluggas, shootaz and Lootaz.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Orks really excel at cities of death (in the old dex anyway). Because of the fairly large amount of cover and the fact that more often than not you'll have hordes of boyz slogging forwards there is a good chance you can cause some serious damage without too many casualties.

Trukks also have the distinct advantage that much of the board that isn't occupied by terrain will be roadways, which means you can go an extra 6" on them. Now full speed your trukk down the way, unload and assault. Not a pretty sight for your enemy.

Anyway, I'm quite tired now so I'll write more comments later.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input Morkai.

To be honest, I have been contemplating on starting a footslogging Eldar Army tailored for Cities of Death with Sewer Rats or Barbed Wire strategems for assistance against horde armies. However, after seeing the Ork article "What should i do about the Eldar," this inspired me to think what would i do as an Ork player.

Commandos backed by Lootaz and Tankbustas sounds like a good start, coupled with Stormboyz and Deffkopter as well as Gretchin Indirect Fire Lobbas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Hmmm, the only problem I see with using kommandos is using the extra stratagem to allow them to use their infiltrate. Stormboyz have some potential, as do lobbas.

The tactic i used to use in CoD was to use sewer rats and sends hordes of orks up through the tunnels. Now that boyz are cheaper this works better than ever. Pack a bunch of shoota boyz in the underground and watch them pop up and tear your enemy a few new holes.

It's too bad gretchin no longer have that rule that allowed orks following them to ignore terrain. That made cityfight all the more brutal.

Oooo, Burna boyz are also a devastating choice in Cod. With that many burnas ignoring cover saves armies with weaker armour will suffer a whole lot.
    Gargrimz Green Deff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooo, Burna boyz are also a devastating choice in Cod. With that many burnas ignoring cover saves armies with weaker armour will suffer a whole lot.
    Don't forget that they can also use their burnas as pwoer weapons, so marines and necrons will also get a headache from a squad of burnas, especially if they get the charge.

Since COD is full of difficult terrain, MANz won't be z bad diea. They will be moving the same speed as everything else. Add in kombi-skorchas and you got an alright unit.
    "Dear Diary: Today I may of accidentally registered myself as a sex offender. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY LIFE!" - Dinosaur Comics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Sitnam,

By MANz, are you referring to Mega Armoured Nobz?

Another question i had was what were your experiences with Warbikers in urban terrain? A thought came to me yesterday about Eldar Vibrocannons used as area denial weapons for roads (and they auto glance) supported by a mobile element of storm guardians with two flamers and a destructor (sewer rats stratagem). This setup could potentially be a major threat to Orks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By MANz, are you referring to Mega Armoured Nobz?
    Yes. Sorry, I have a bad habit of using abbreviations when people may not exactly know their true meaning.
    "Dear Diary: Today I may of accidentally registered myself as a sex offender. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY LIFE!" - Dinosaur Comics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

I have had some experience with warbikes in an urban setting and while I have horribly misused them in the past they can cause some serious damage on any infantry thats out in the open. Avoid sending them into any kind of cover as there is a fair chance that you will lose some boyz to dangerous terrain checks.

Generally in any terrain heavy board you want to keep your boyz moving while in cover, while they may be slower a significantly larger number of them will make it to the target. In cityfight sewer rats are also a wicked tactic.

I just had a nasty idea of something to do in a game of cityfight apocalypse. You run the green tide datasheet and just send the huge mob running through terrain.
    Gargrimz Green Deff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Morkai,

Good to hear somebody in favor of warbikes in built up areas. Do you typically use bikes as harassment units or counter charge units? Also, how well would Deffkopters perform since they operate as jetbikes?

PS: Sewer rats seems to be a stratagem taken advantage off frequently by dakka heavy armies such as the Orks and the Eldar. What other stratagems do Ork players favor?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

A warboss is a must for the waaagh benefits.

Same with wierdboyz- their movement abilities are excellent.

Vehicles in general are a toss-up: on one hand, they can give you a big speed advantage, but they'll also tend to break down alot due to the terrain. Be sure to use a reinforced ram. Heheh. I opt against them for more sloggers- 5+ cover saves at all times is sooooo nice.

As mentioned, meganobz excel because they're not penalized in addition to their normal slow movement.

Tankbustas are about like in a normal game...same w/ lootas... though the added cover makes them both more survivable

Again, as mentioned, commandos are good but take up a strategem

Burna boyz RULE

Warbikes may have a tough time getting through terrain, and their 4+ save is less valuable- I'd leave them at home

Deffcoptas could really excel here, though I've not used them

I guess in general I'd recommend loads of boyz

Big shootas will be your friend, as everything you hit w/ rokkits will now get cover bonuses, BS dakka becomes a better option imo

I personally love the demolish building stratagem, and booby traps are fun too. Thats just the Mork in me talking

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast