Attaching shoota's - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attaching shoota's

Hi all.
    I've got some Ork Sprues laying around and I've glued the heads, torso's and legs together (only 4 yet so this can change ). I'd like to ask if I can glue the arms and then later add the shoota? I tried to "hold" it to try it out but this doesn't really work.

Thanks in advance,
    Adrianus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

it is possible with the old sprues, I still have a couple boyz that don't have their shootas glued. However, the new sprues have the guns as part of the hand, making things more difficult. You just have to make sure you position the arms properly when gluing them.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I still have nightmares over attaching those shootas. The new sprues are WAY easier. I found painting the arms before attaching them heaps easier as quite often the shoota is a different colour to the arms so you always have somewhere to hold.

As for the position... bluetack. Put some tack on the support arm and glue the gun arm, that way you can make final adjustments to fit before the glue sets.
    Last edited by NovaJohn; February 22nd, 2008 at 10:51. Reason: spelling
    W/D/L Ork Tide 22/1/14

Click here to feed me some squigs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the old 16 boyz out of the army deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I had two lots of those. If you are making an army with some slugga boys I would use them over the old arms, they are just easier. If thats not the case then glue the barrel of the shoota to the support hand, then when you tack the arm on you can position the trigger hand properly. If you try to glue the trigger hand to the gun first you will hit problems, I found I often glued it at a bad angle so that no support arm would hold it properly.

Failing that you could be a bit flashy. Give each boy 2 choppa arms and sling the shoota over their back (greenstuff some straps if your that way inclined) that way you are still WYSIWYG but don't have the nightmare issue of lining up 16 arms with their guns. The trigger hands look pretty good holding the spare knives on the sprue "upside down" with blade pinky finger end if you run out of choppa hands.
    W/D/L Ork Tide 22/1/14

Click here to feed me some squigs

+ Reply to Thread