Targetting Array - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dmk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Targetting Array

I am new to Tau and would like to include some in my army, but I just can't find any advice on how to model them or what they look like, either on the codex or the internet. If I'm missing something obvious, let me know. But how do you gues represent targetting arrays?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

really in any way you want mate. You can use the target lock as its pretty logical. A good conversion is Imperial LasGun Barrles to give a laser sight effect.
    Looking for help with your Ogre kingdoms. Need help against them? have burning questions about life or why Dave's Avatar is so creepy. Feel free to stop by and ask OverTyrant Loki

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1104558

Senior Member Spartan Command061's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Well i recommend using a target lock if you are new, but i personally have converted all of my suits in some way (extended heads or aerials on plasma rifles as sights), but for a beginner a target lock or Drone controller are fine,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a cut up flamer as my Targeting array. This works because we should never really be using too many flamers, or any.
    So, just make up a bit, as GW did not release one for us.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Cut up a flamer. This is a standard targeting array.

Cut off the front bit and the fuel block. Cut the little hemisphere bit off and glue it to where the front bit was.

To be more clear, the front bit is the front bit of the gun. There are two bits (barrels/pipes?) sticking out of a block. Cut both bits off the block, use the block as the targeting array.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by onlainari View Post
    Cut up a flamer. This is a standard targeting array.

Cut off the front bit and the fuel block. Cut the little hemisphere bit off and glue it to where the front bit was.

To be more clear, the front bit is the front bit of the gun. There are two bits (barrels/pipes?) sticking out of a block. Cut both bits off the block, use the block as the targeting array.
    Is it standard? who says? I have never seen anything remotely like this used as a target array.
    I just use one of the aerial pieces for the XV8's usually the one that looks like a crystal with the multiple nodules on it (multi tracker in the codex). As long as you let an opponent know what it is there is no problem usually.
    Hammerheads have them as standard anyway, so you do not have to model them and for DF I would just use the normal multiple aerial array you get on the sprue (the three aerial array).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Yes, it is standard, you can do something like what you did instead though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by onlainari View Post
    Yes, it is standard, you can do something like what you did instead though.
    There is no standard for non represented war gear/upgrades.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously, Riki. However, the cut up flamer is so frequent and so logical (we never use flamers anyway) that is as close to standard as it gets.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlueMan View Post
    Obviously, Riki. However, the cut up flamer is so frequent and so logical (we never use flamers anyway) that is as close to standard as it gets.
    Well actually no it is not obvious Blue, because we have someone saying the flamer conversion is 'standard'. To someone like the poster of this thread, who may not have experience with 40K and its modeling and wargear representation conventions, Oni's comment could be taken to mean that you have to use a flamer as it is 'standard' which it is not.

It ain't frequent where I come from dude. Really you can use what you want, As long as you have listed all the wargear/upgrades in your army list and you have 'represented' them on the model, its all sweet.
    In fact you do not have to use any of the named wargear (listed and pictured in the back of the codex) you can convert and use anything you dang well please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast