Winged warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winged warriors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Winged warriors

I am planning to take winged warriors with TL devourers in my zilla list ( as all elite slotts are filled), does anyone think this is a good idea? The warriors would be something like:

Warrior, winged, ES, TS, TL Dev: 49 pts

Is this a good idea, or should I take some ravenners? Thay are about the same point but have more shot, not TL, lower str but are better in CC.

Anyone can tell me what to do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Well, that totally depends. They're both very valid choices. Lets take a look at it not in stats, but in the role of each brood.

Obviously, the raveners prefer CC, and with their beast movement(fleet + 12"charge) they can get there pretty quick. You would want to use these to tie up enemies so your zillas can move in. Or tie up heavy weapons. Or even pinpoint strikes on light armor.

The winged TL-dev warriors would be ideal anti-infantry. They could keep your zillas from getting swarmed(orks, etc.). The winged movement could also help ya tie up stuff for the zillas. Also, you can take larger broods, and the extra Synapse can come in handy. I always hate those rare occasions where a Carnifex has to lurk due to Instinctive Behaviour...

So its not a question of which is better, but what role best suits your purposes.

Edit: Welcome to LO!
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    156 (x3)

Nothing wrong with TL devs on warriors. Try it with winged and see how it works out. Wings lets you get into range and cover faster. Now you just have to see how much of a fire magnet it makes em.

+ Reply to Thread