Warboss on a Deffcopta - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warboss on a Deffcopta

1st. I know this is impossible, but why not? I was reading through the codex today and I read the section about looted wagons, where it basicly describes that the "wagon" can be a looted skimmer (I think the wagons are still counted as bieng ground units and not skimmers). So, I thought why not have an entirely flying/skimmer army? Then I read that a Warboss cant take a deffcopta.So i was wondering to anyone who bothers to read this thread and ade it this far into it, What would be non cheesy/beardy rules for having a Warboss on a Deffcopta?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x1)

You could count it as a warbike for all intensive purposes. that way you could have a good looking model and still be legal (technically). you could just say it's too heavy with the warboss on it to get the ignore intervening terrain rules. just make sure he's a beefy looking boss and that he has at least a squad of regular deff kopta's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-

wow that sounds cool :]
    if i was making an army like this though i would try to keep away from mega armour and normal trukks.
    Or... have a tau hammerhead as a battle waggon/trukk and you would have to make it open top :]

sounds like alot of conveting xD
    Woop!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

The issue

You can put a warboss on a skimmer and say he's anything, but you will be limited by his options. For example, you can put him on a skimmer and say he's on a deffkopta, but if attached to a unit of deffkoptas, they'll all be limited by his normal 6in movement.

The most feasible idea is to count it as a warbike, and include it with a team of nobz/boyz on warbikes (they could either be on skimmers or not, it's your choice, as long as it counts as a warbike), or you could run him alone, on his own.

I wouldn't count it as a looted wagon, as that both pushes the limits of believability (where do the other 11 passengers go?) and he'd have to be detachable, for when he disembarks. I think the warbike is the best way to go.

Of course, you could also count him as Zaggstrukk, the storm boyz warboss, or a normal stormboyz nob. Either would also be cool, but of course, not a warboss.
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; March 6th, 2008 at 17:05. Reason: forgot one thing
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

I smell an Apocalypse Datasheet!
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

lol, i was thinking the same thing!

+ Reply to Thread