Gazskull in a mechanized list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

Gazskull in a mechanized list

What do you guys think of using Gazkull in a mechanized list, that is, one with lots of trukks?

To me it seems like a good idea because you can get him into CC faster and he makes the army fearless during the waaaagh which is great becuase you are using smaller squads of boys so they all fit in the trucks.

What do you all think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Sure, sounds viable to me. Just stick him in a trukk with 5 meganobz, or with 10 nobz/boyz.

Or even put him in a Battlewagon with a bigger group of boyz/nobz/meganobz; then he comes in just behind all the trukks to mop up.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Not sure

I'm not sure Ghazghskull is worth it in a mechanized list. He's better than a warboss, of course, but how much better? One of the large benefits of using Ghaz is the full 6in guaranteed wauuuggghhh he gives. Granted, you'll get fearlessness as well, but if you don't win the CC the turn you assault, then something's wrong.

I can see him being very viable against monstrous creatures, demon princes and such, where his immunity to instant death will be invaluable, but if my army isn't going to get the most advantage from the wauuggghhh, I think I'd rather field a regular warboss, possibly with a bike, and attach him to a unit of nobz, either on bikes or in a trukk. Wazdakka also works very well, especially if you attach him to a regular warbike squad, and have him to go shoot the enemy to pieces.

The problem comes down to weaknesses. Mechanized lists have weaknesses, such as their tendency to get shot to pieces by Tau/Imperial Guard before they reach CC, and their difficulty with armor 13-14 tanks, but Ghazghkull doesn't really help counter any of these problems. He certainly helps, but not when and where it's most needed. Lootas, Tankbustas, and Nobz on bikes would serve you a lot better than a powerful CC boss would.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x3)

True. I think he would still be cool in 2500 point games tho, and that 2+ invulnerable save just sounds so tasty...
    Last edited by Guthbrand; March 11th, 2008 at 09:31.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Indeed

I believe you're right. In 2500+ games, and especially in Apocalypse games, Ghazghskull's incredible invulnerable save (when wauuughhing) and immunity to instant death becomes a bigger factor. In those games, there are so many overpowered enemies, you need units with staying power, especially when there are cheesy ways of targeting specific models, rather than the unit he's in.

Of course, if you're playing an Apocalypse game, depending on the rules of the place hosting, you can also field as many Ghazghskulls as you like. Blame it on a time rift or something. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghazghskull can not be put in a trukk, first reason he the greatest warboss of them all. Would he aettlle for a trukk i think not. He is also not one to be with common ork "boy". Next he most have the grandest battle wagon you have ever seen. He will not settle for a lame hollowed out Lemon. Again it comes down to hime being the grand daddy of warbosses the one and only Ghaz. Now his battle wagon must be made out of a stolen land raider not looted one, what fun is that it msut be ghaz's stolen Land Raider turn battle wagon, I'd reccomend and nasty uint of nobz of any sort to keep him company In Ghaz's stolen Battle wagon or he can be alone ( Ghaz has no friends only nobs that fear for their lives they rather lead a bunch of boys cause Ghaz ruins all nob parties he hogs the glory). To the true reason for the battle wagon and why Ghaz msut always have a transport is sadly he would be way to slow and you want that kind of pwoerhouse hogging the glory.
    Isn't That Just Peachey

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Uh...

Yeah...Ghazghskull will ride in whatever transport I choose to put him in.

That's what he gets for being a fictional character. :ballon:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x3)

lol.

Ghazskull has lots of friends. Sure they are mostly boot lickers, but what ork is his right mind wouldn't want a piece of the action that Ghazskull creates?

His best friend is probably commisar yarrick! ^_^

And I would never field more than one Ghaz in an apoc game, that would just be rediculous, unfluffy and well... none of my game mates would EVER go for it.

+ Reply to Thread