list query - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: list query

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

list query

I'm just wondering if having the nob in the group of boyz pays off once they reach CC? In the last game I had once everyone got to the enemy, they were just pounded dead before most of them could attack, and even then they didn't do much because of armor saves. To me they sound like a great choice but what kits do the powerklaws come in? I'd like quite a few and have been even thinking about making them myself...

Also are flash gits worth having that last shooty upgrade with the armor piercing? Does rolling a 1 scare most of you out of it, because with the amount of bullets they throw out there will be HUGE casualties to MEQs...

I think thats all my questions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsduane View Post
    I'm just wondering if having the nob in the group of boyz pays off once they reach CC?
    In short yes they should... (unless you are me)
    See this thread about an indepth discussion about knobs with powerklaws
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ss-choppa.html

.. but what kits do the powerklaws come in? I'd like quite a few and have been even thinking about making them myself...
    You get 1 in the new boyz box... other then that i think your limited to the Nobs in blisters

..flash gits ...
    Sorry.. never use 'em.. I'll let someone else comment..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nobs with power claws are worth any other pattern is not

as stated 1 in the new boyz box, nob blisters (gazkhull has a truly excellent one if you got some dosh to throw around) other than that i think u'll have to convert .. or use yarricks

flash gits are far too expensive to take period their pathetic bs mean they couldn't hit a lmonolith if they were standing inside it definately don't take the ap upgrade they will kill them selves far more times then they will HIT the enemy if u really must then str and assault upgrades are a must as is decent cover and low numbers say 5 not too expensive, expendeble and if they don't kill somthing then at least u havn't blown 300+ points of ur army

one unit i feel is overlooked is kommandos take a unit of around 5 with snikrot then kit with 2 rokkits and march up behind his line to take his tanks in the rear or better yet 2 burnas then strike his devastators
    Last edited by Plague_00; March 14th, 2008 at 03:05.
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also are flash gits worth having that last shooty upgrade with the armor piercing? Does rolling a 1 scare most of you out of it, because with the amount of bullets they throw out there will be HUGE casualties to MEQs...

I think thats all my questions.
    In all honestly, Flash Gits don't have much of a place in most army's unless your army is themed....

They are out gunned by loota's, they don't have any great CC Abilities, and you have to be in the enemies face in order for them to be of usefullness..which means they're going to get shot to all hell...

They're like Assault terminators....

Nice on paper, but no practical use outside of looking nice.
    in order for a Gits to be marginally effective they have to cost ~35 after upgrades per model

That's 10 points more than a bike.... and 15 points more than a nob....

A Nob gets waagh strength initiative and 5 attacks on the charge..and even adding a Big choppa to the MIX(WOW!!!)

Couple that with their furious charge ability and you're looking at 5 attacks at Strength 7 (big choppa + Furious) a PIECE..for 10 points less than a SINGLE flashgit..

So what do you get with a flash? Nothing really, because if you waagh you can't shoot...People tend to forget that fleeting means INSTEAD of shooting...so what good is Waagh to the git? really?

Edit----

Kommando's are tha Orky Shizznite! I love them + snikrot...

Why are they so good?
    Because as an ork your biggest threat, is static shooting positions..

Marines with RL's in a corner or Iguard with some autocannons..

Now their range is so great they will really plop them RIGHT in a corner... so once your reserves come in...you're going to be in combat 8 out of 10 times...where your orks and snikrot will roooooccckk their socks
    Last edited by Driftster; March 14th, 2008 at 03:40.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

I do actually have a squad of 5 Kommandos, Loved the models so I got 'em. I would make to make a snikrot model though Cos I don't think he has one yet? and even if he did, its probably more than I can afford.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do actually have a squad of 5 Kommandos, Loved the models so I got 'em. I would make to make a snikrot model though Cos I don't think he has one yet? and even if he did, its probably more than I can afford.
    He does not have a model yet, which is why he's great..Everyone with a snikrot will have their own model, no trends here...

So let your imagination run wild

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

My imagination isnt the best I'll probably just copy what I can make out from the codex lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol he don't have a pic of conversions for him at all it's all up to u

i've made mine from an ordinary space ork, a fantasy savage orks it looks so cool i'm working on converting up more savage ork crosses for the rest of the commando squad
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

ork ?

I'm just wondering if having the nob in the group of boyz pays off once they reach CC?
    -Your nob should always be able to attack. Remove casaulties from the outskirts of combat first leaving people in base near him so he can fight. Always remove from contact from an opponents power fist if you can to deny their attacks. Nob should always have a powerklaw unless your opponent plays a wych cult then they all have 4+ invules anyway so the klaw doesn't matter so much. But that's arm specific

what kits do the powerklaws come in?
    -1 in the pack of plastic boys, nob blisters, bitz orders are not a option. I built some of mine and they look better than the regular klaws. Don't be afraid to use power fists from terminators, just add some gubbinz/ ork parts make it look mean. I've seen good one's built out of space marine dread CC weapons.

Also are flash gits worth having that last shooty upgrade with the armor piercing?
    -its hard to justify their cost in the new list. Maybe if they took an elite slot, but taking up a heavy is just to vital to the list. To make them cost effective just isn't quite there unless your playing 1 off games for fun. I like they are 2 wounds, with a nice amount of attacks. However, i'd prefer them to be 20 base pts, with only 2 attacks, and str 3 personally.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread