I need some input please. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need some input please.

is a hamer head rail gun with submunishon a good anti-I.G troops wepon. or should i charge with F.W carbines and a devil fish.;Y8Y??????

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, a Rail Head is the best weapon against IG when it comes to Tau’s arsenal.
    If you rep me please leave your name or PM me so I can thank you, or even pass on the favor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

I would say the rail gun is best used for tanks, or high toughness troops, and that burst cannons and your sheer volume of fire from fire warriors is best for IG troops. I didn't say a devil fish, cause thats only one burst cannon.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks for your help.;Y
    Zach

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Something I that concerns me as an IG player, in a Tau army, is anything that can move and shoot, with a weapon that is spreading lots of damage around (eg submunition shot).

The only thing I fear more than that is something that can move and shoot and then move again back behind cover (the biggest threat being stealth suits, man those things are a worry). Makes we want to actually build that 37 mortar army...
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Hammerhead Railguns are the bane of IG troops and vehicles. You don't tend to charge with Fire Warriors.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok

yes YOU dont normaly charge with F.W but carbins can pin and with a devile fish's fire suport it could work espesaly when i have Sniper team blasting there behind.
    add to that my joy of being non normal and you have your self one big cook off.
    thanks. i think i will buy a few more hammer heads.
    where do i find info on apocilips games[how many slots i have??]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, Zachary, welcome to the forums. Please endeavor to use proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure.

Secondly, don't use carbines. The effects of pinning are greatly over-estimated. You are unlikely to pin an enemy that you haven't already killed, andif you haven't killed the enemy, they are probably tough enough to easily pass pinning checks. Especially against guard, the rifles will be better as they allow twice the shots.

Use a move called the Fish of Fury. This involves taking a Devilfish, loading it with 12 firewarriors armed with pulse rifles, then moving the fish so that its rear door is about 10" from the enemy you want to kill. Then you unload the firewarriors, and you have a dead IG squad. It is mobile and more effective than the carbines by a long shot. It is even effective against Marines, as the marines won't be able to assault you, because they have to stay an inch away from the devilfish during movement, and won't be able to make the assault. This is your best bet.

Next, Hammerhead railguns are godly against infantry. It can primarily be an infantry weapon, believe it or not. Sure, it kills tanks, but it really shines against light infantry, killing entire squads with a successful hit. Especially if that guard player takes carapace armor.

Apocalypse is for games of 3,000 points or more. It is an expansion you need if you have lots and lots of models, like more than 4 hammerheads and double digits of crisis suits.

If you want to run up and shoot with carbines, consider stealth suits instead. Their stealth, infiltrate and JSJ abilities will make them last longer, while they will dish out more damage.

Good luck with Tau, and remember that bit about spelling and the like.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Just a general reminder to all involved that Forum Rules require the correct use of English. This includes capitals, punctuation and sentences. We understand that English is not everyone's native tongue and as long as a genuine effort is made we can overlook minor things.

Please consider yourselves warned. If feel your posts are not up to scratch please edit them and get them to comply. Future breaches may result in more severe measures being taken.

Thanks
    Skar.

On topic

I tend to have one squad equipped with Carbines, do they always work? Not really, but I have them for better or worse. If you are starting afresh, then I would avoid them on Fire Warriors. Gun drones are much better at is as they can come in a unit of 4, you only need one kill for a pinning check, and can be used to deepstrike behind vehicles.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the spelling reminder. the probloum is that my carbine team is glued and painted. do you think they should stay close to Aun'Va the super Eatheral. I have him also.
    in the apaoclips games with say 6,000pts how many heavy slots do you have????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast