smart missle system - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

smart missle system

ok ive searched and didnt find an answer so....

ok so my railhead has sms on it and i go to shoot them at a ig unit. the railhead is at 45% angle compared to his unit and one side is within range but the otherside is not.

i say its a system so i get 4 shots he says but the otherside is not in range so you should only get 2...

not being to sure if i do or not i go with 2 shots (hey it might be a turny but its still for fun for me) besides two more dead ig guys is not going to make big diff anyway lol

ok so question is if one side of the "system" is in range and the other one is not do i get all 4 shots or just two?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by O'SU View Post
    ok ive searched and didnt find an answer so....

ok so my railhead has sms on it and i go to shoot them at a ig unit. the railhead is at 45% angle compared to his unit and one side is within range but the otherside is not.

i say its a system so i get 4 shots he says but the otherside is not in range so you should only get 2...

not being to sure if i do or not i go with 2 shots (hey it might be a turny but its still for fun for me) besides two more dead ig guys is not going to make big diff anyway lol

ok so question is if one side of the "system" is in range and the other one is not do i get all 4 shots or just two?
    If you look at the SMS you will see each pod has what look like six missile tubes. So each could fire all 4 shots. Also the two pods comprise one weapon system so as long as the weapon system (or part of it) is in range then you are OK, it would be like saying a Railgun is not in range because only half the barrel is in range. Basically as long as the weapon is in range when measured from one of the pods then your good for all four shots.

Edit: Remember that LOS is also not an issue for SMS, so if anyone says you cannot fire one of the SMS pods because the vehicle is blocking LOS (I/E the vehicle is side on to a unit etc) then tell them as long as they are in range you can shoot em, irrespective of blocked LOS.
    Last edited by Rikimaru; March 20th, 2008 at 12:31.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Riki nailed it. Rep to him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

Striving for the right Ravenscraig's Avatar
    In exile on Earth - currently in Glasgow, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by O'SU View Post
    Note that whilst what Riki said is entirely correct for SMS - being, as you've said, a system - I believe the opposite would be true if you were to use burst cannons instead since they fire separately and independently of each other.

~ Raven ~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Ravenscraig ~ View Post
    Note that whilst what Riki said is entirely correct for SMS - being, as you've said, a system - I believe the opposite would be true if you were to use burst cannons instead since they fire separately and independently of each other.

~ Raven ~
    Yeah if a Hammerhead was side on to an opponents unit only the Burst Cannon on the side closest to the unit could fire at them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" Also the two pods comprise one weapon system so as long as the weapon system (or part of it) is in range then you are OK "

That is what i thought... but to expedite the game i conseded to his interpatation...
    and the game organizer didnt even know lol

i use the sms for that reason 4 str 5 shots no los needed, so when they hide from my main gun i still hit them with something lol

as i said before though the extra two shots really were not going to change the out come of the game much, just next time i know i have better footing when i argue my point..

thank you all for the replies..

+ Reply to Thread