Eldritch storm - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eldritch storm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldritch storm

I have an army containing
    A few anti tank units and weaponary..
    in a 1000 point army
    Is eldritch storm worth getting to
    1.wipe out several troops
    2.more importantly flip tanks around to hit back/side armour
    as you could tell this would easily pay itself off
    also i dont think with the army build i use guide or doom is needed..

other choice is to scrap farseer altogether and get the avatar.
    i think eldritch storm could work.
    nice to hear your thoughts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the main deal with Eldritch Storm is it is unreliable. I feel there are too many variables to trust it to help you pop a tank. Its really not that great vs troops, either, IMHO. I would take an Avatar rather then a Farseer only kitted with Eldritch Storm, however, for the points, you could maybe take a Farseer on bike with singing spear, which might jazz with Eldritch Storm pretty well.
    I'm Solid Snake...also, I'm a Primarch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

it has been done but as per Rus, it is a shade unreliabel for its points, hence it doesnt get done often
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the Eldritch Storm is one of those highly situational powers that really only comes into it's own against infantry, ideally light infantry and the tank thing is an added bonus if you can't find any of that to shoot.

If your going to take it I'd pair it with Doom, and a squad with shurikens nearby couldn't hurt. With that level of anti-infantry firepower even the largest squads of Orks, Gaunts or Guardsmen will find themselves distinctly short of punch in the coming round.

If your just using it to try flipping tanks then skip doom, then again, if your just trying to flip tanks you could be getting much better value out of another HQ choice/setup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldnt use it against tanks just not worth it and if you play alot of T4 armies then it wont bring back its points but if you play alot gaurd and the other T3 armies it will due some damage

;Y
    A commander who puts his faith in heavy weapons alone will be outmanoeuvred. A commander who relies on close combat without support will lose his forces to enemy fire. Each element must work in harmony,so that the effectiveness of the army is greater than the some of its part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've used ES twice to some success, both on squadrons of light vehicles.
    Once against a 3 strong squadron of war walkers (1 immobilised, 1 weapon destroyed) and once against 3 sentinals ( 1 destroyed, 2 shaken). Yes it was horrifically lucky dice rolling, but noone has mentioned the fact that ES can take on light vehicles so far, so i thought I would make my minor contribution of 2 lucky games with ES....

Also, if you are planning on taking ES, don't do what I did and brag about its ability to spin vehicles for side/rear shots, only to be faced with 3 land raiders....
    Herald of the Colonel; Festooned with pistols, riddled with vermin, and finger lickin' good...

+ Reply to Thread