Question about ramshackle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Question about ramshackle

I played vs orks today, and while I was shooting his trucks, I got easily some vehicle destroyed and explodes results. I thought I was going to make toast out of orks because those vehicles moves 24" towards me.

But then my opponent told me about ramshackle and that those results are negated and transformed into some other random result.

My question is: Does ramshackle negate the emergency disembarkation table on page 68 of the 40K rulebook (not the codex)?

As far as I read his codex, it seemed to me it only makes the normal "verhicle destroyed" and "vehicle explodes" into that ramshackle table. In my view, this means the emergency disembarkation table still applies, taking those extra hits and getting entangled.

In that ramshackle table, the words "explodes" and "wrecked" are still used, so this kept me thinking that the table stil applied, using the wording of the ramshackle table instead of the "verhicle destroyed" and "vehicle explodes".

Any help here, especially about the entangled part, which would have saved my hide in that game.
    Thanks in advance!

Tyranids Win [31]/ Draw [0]/Lost [0]
    Daemon Hunters Win [17]/ Draw [2]/ Lost [1]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=232

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rules states (somthing like) "Roll on the ramshackle table below and apply the results instead of the normal effects."

The "Normal effects" are the Emergency disembarcation table, so the Ramshackle table replaces the Emergency disembarcation table for Ork Trukks, and trucks only.
    "Entangled" is also a normal effect, being the same as pinned so they won't get entangled... but any roll on the "Ramshackle table has a 1 in 3 chance of being pinned anyway (KABOOM!) so I don't see it as any better/worse for orks or opponents.

Note, it only effects "vehicle destroyed" and "vehicle explodes" results, not the "vehicle anihilated" result.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

I don't think so

First of all, your opponent was correct, you roll on the chart rather than follow the normal rules. There's still a 2/3 chance it's going to explode anyway, only it isn't as dangerous, as they take a strength 3 hit, rather than the normal result.

Now, I think 40k slimez is mistaken though. Although the vehicle does explode, I'm pretty sure there isn't anything in the description that says they're pinned, and in any case, they certain aren't entangled. I'll have to double check the description in the codex when I have the chance, but I'm pretty sure they don't have to take a pinning test either. There's just a good chance they may take some wounds, and face the 'shooting phase' 25% morale test, if applicable.

Also, it's actually a 2/3 chance of getting a KABOOM, as the result for rolling a 3-4 has you first move the vehicle and then apply KABOOM. It's essentially the same, they just move first.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i *do* think so ...

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgrax View Post
    First of all, your opponent was correct, you roll on the chart rather than follow the normal rules. There's still a 2/3 chance it's going to explode anyway, only it isn't as dangerous, as they take a strength 3 hit, rather than the normal result.

Now, I think 40k slimez is mistaken though. Although the vehicle does explode, I'm pretty sure there isn't anything in the description that says they're pinned, and in any case, they certain aren't entangled. I'll have to double check the description in the codex when I have the chance, but I'm pretty sure they don't have to take a pinning test either. There's just a good chance they may take some wounds, and face the 'shooting phase' 25% morale test, if applicable.

Also, it's actually a 2/3 chance of getting a KABOOM, as the result for rolling a 3-4 has you first move the vehicle and then apply KABOOM. It's essentially the same, they just move first.
    By 1/3 for the KABOOM! option i meand rolling 1or 2 on a D6.. the table entry is called "KABOOM!" (the other two being "Kareen!" and "Kerrunch".. )
    One of the effects of "KABOOM!" is "Survinging passengers must dismembark and make a pinning test".. and you only have to do that for "KABOOM!",

However, what i missed was, the Kaboom! option also happens if you roll a KAREEN!.. so yes its a 2/3 chance of KABOOM! But thats also a 2/3 chance of being pinned.

I was 1/2 right...
    Last edited by 40k_slimez; March 24th, 2008 at 17:09. Reason: 1/2 right...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Oh

Oh really? Hmm...now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure you're right. I must have been confusing this with the 'entangled' rule, as they're definitely not entangled (automatically pinned), but now that I've thought about it, I guess you're right. They do have to make a pinning test.

We were both 1/2 right. ^_^
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But...

At least its a test, and not automatic (like entangled!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny thing is, if there are more than 10 of them, they dont actually have to take a pinning test do they? Cuase fearless units are immune to being pinned!

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

Well, if you have 12 in there, 4 of them are likely to be wounded by the subsequent kaboom roll, and less than 1 are likely to save statistically, so you'd be dropped to 8 and a leadership of 8, no longer fearless and a required pin test.

Still far better than OMG YOU'RE ENTANGLED.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Okey, thank you all! ;Y
    Tyranids Win [31]/ Draw [0]/Lost [0]
    Daemon Hunters Win [17]/ Draw [2]/ Lost [1]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=232