Vect Trouble - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vect Trouble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vect Trouble

Hi

I've just starting doing Warhammer again through a friend and after playing DOW (and alot of background reading) decided to go with Dark Eldar.

Spend quiet a bit over the past few weeks and got Asdrubael Vect.

After putting the raider part together and taking off the rails, mounted the driver and his console. I noticed that Vect platform and throne won't slide back enough for the cutout in the platform to go around the bit behind it.

Have I put this together wrong or is this an error in the modelling?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Quertius View Post
    Hi

I've just starting doing Warhammer again through a friend and after playing DOW (and alot of background reading) decided to go with Dark Eldar.

Spend quiet a bit over the past few weeks and got Asdrubael Vect.

After putting the raider part together and taking off the rails, mounted the driver and his console. I noticed that Vect platform and throne won't slide back enough for the cutout in the platform to go around the bit behind it.

Have I put this together wrong or is this an error in the modelling?
    Hi,
    I am not ignoring you but simply waiting until I go home to refresh my memory as to how mine went together.

I will get back to you tomorrow mate.

Maybe some of the others can remember how to overcome the "fit" problem, I have found in the past that some of the metal to plastic joins leave much to be desired- probaly why they invented Green Stuff in the first place!

Cheers.

P.S. I am home now looking at my Vect model and the "slot" on the back of the dias that slides into the front of the control steering column of the Raider has an initial wider section and a narrower section further in towards the back of the throne.

In other words the slot is notched in 2 widths and its only the first wider part of that slot that needs to be engaged into the steering column. Ignore the narrower part of the it altogether.

The Dias can only go back as far as when the rear of Vects throne touches the top of the pilots control console, so its impossible to engage any more of that stepped slot anyway.

My guess is that you may have glued the throne onto its platform too far back thereby denying the ability to slide the whole assembly onto the control column. If thats the case then dismantle the dias and dry fit everything before comitting yourself to any glue.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Wicky; March 25th, 2008 at 11:34.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

+ Reply to Thread