dark eldar help plz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dark eldar help plz

i was wondering if you could help me with my army i have 32 wyches and a succubus. i was thinking about getting a box of wyches would that be a good add on to my army or no. if no than do you have suugestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracon121 View Post
    i was wondering if you could help me with my army i have 32 wyches and a succubus. i was thinking about getting a box of wyches would that be a good add on to my army or no. if no than do you have suugestions.
    It is really hard to say since we don't know what the rest of your collection is. If you are running a wyche cult army, then yeah it is probably a good idea.
    /WHAO/TH-/HEL/DAO/KWRAO/TH*EUPBG/KWR-/PH-/STPH
    /TP-/KWRAO/K-/RAOED/THEUS/THEPB/WAOE/SH-D/KHAT/SPHAOEUPL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

Well with 32 wyches and a succubus, I am guessing you are trying to run a wyche cult. As you need a HQ choice and can use the succubus model as a Drachite (and use any other easily distinguished model as a succubus in your squads) then you could be looking at a list something like this.

HQ
    Drachite, Agoniser, Shadow Field, Combat Drugs, Pistol

Troops

6 Wyches
    Wyche Weapons
    Plasma Grenades
    2 Blasters (if you have the models)
    Succubus, Agoniser

6 Wyches
    Wyche Weapons
    Plasma Grenades
    Succubus, Agoniser

6 Wyches
    Wyche Weapons
    Plasma Grenades
    Succubus, Agoniser

7 Wyches
    Wyche Weapons
    Plasma Grenades
    Succubus, Agoniser

7 Wyches
    Wyche Weapons
    Plasma Grenades
    Succubus, Agoniser

What I see missing from this force is

A) A way to get your wcyhes into combat, whether raiders or a webway portal, or both

Any anti tank power of any kind

So I would suggest you purchase, if you can afford it

5 Raiders, £90 new, but check Ebay etc. for cheaper models.

This would bring your points up to 979 which is nearly a 1000 point force and it would also make it useable. With just hte models you have mentioned so far, you will lose, alot.

AS well as the raiders it might be worth investing in either

A) Warriors, but some people won't take them ion a wyche cult, I don't know your preference.

Reaver jetbikes, squads of 3 Jetbikes with 2 blasters (2-3 such squads) would solve your tank hunting weakness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Hi,
    You seem to have an excellent start on the Elites in the army but lack troops and most importantly a HQ.

The usual recommended method of starting a force is with one HQ and two troop choices (and although Wyches ‘can’ be used as troops you have nothing to back them up).

I would also recommend (obviously) a HQ of some kind, warriors and Raiders and leave the purchase of more Wychy goodness until later. Its far more fun IMO playing with variety that’s afforded by different models in the army (unless of course you are getting them really cheaply!)

This might seem a dumb question, but do you have a Codex and Rules book at this stage, as this would be the primary purchase in my eyes. And consider how you are going to transport all of your models, this is probably the most perplexing problem Dark Eldar players face due to all the spiky fragile bits that can snap off if they are not freighted carefully.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

And then after that start adding squads of warp beasts!

Raiders also double as your anti tank, which will be very necessary as you will have great difficulties popping tanks with wyches
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, everyone i put wyches for the 32 instead of warriors it was a typo so same question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, everyone i put wyches for the 32 instead of warriors it was a typo so same question.
    Just to be clear. You have 32 Warriors. That's what I'm getting from this. If that is the case, you probably got 2 troop packs with include 12 warriors and 4 s.cannons each. At this stage of the game you have a large volume of options. I would go with Wicky's suggestion of making sure you have the latest copies of the Codex and BGB. You should also read up on the tacticas and decide for yourself what you want to create for an army. Again, there is a large volume of options and as of right now your flexible.

Happy hunting.

~Seeker
    Help the kin TAKE your soul, I mean, take your soul...
    I play Vassal. I'm in V40K Open Ladder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does any1 know of a possible date when the new codex is coming out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd guess not until LATE this year at the earliest. Most likely next year sometime.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Hi,
    So you have a brilliant start on a ’fire base’ for your army but lack assault troops and transports for that points level – and of course a HQ.

From here I would seriously look at in descending order –
    1. 4th Ed rules book, because the models are no good without rules,
    2. Dark Eldar Codex, because the race is no good without their specific rules,
    3. A HQ, and Mr Chunky Archon with bananas on his fingers is probably what most players would pick as epitomizes DE,
    4. Two Raiders minimum as these double as anti armour and transports for your assault troops,
    5. 16 Wyches in 2 squads of 8 and their respective Succubi,
    6. 2 Dark Lance warriors to form a ‘sniper squad,
    7. 1 Ravager for heavy support,
    8. 3 Reavers, 2 with blasters,
    9. And lastly a Talos due to its weird rules.

From then on it’s a matter of taste as you will find that after playing a small game a particular unit will perform beyond expectations, you will be besotted with it and wish that you have more of them in your army or conversely you might get walloped and keep changing your lists to try and iron out the wrinkles. But either way you need ‘choice’ and I highly recommend a mixed Kabal as your starting point until your taste for DE matures somewhat.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast