Hive Tyrants. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hive Tyrants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hive Tyrants.

Hive Tyrants are good... right?

So who would win.

The most maxed out Close Combat Hive Tyrant Vs Azrael. Yes Azrael, Chapter Master of the Dark Angels.

In case your not sure, Azrael has a 4+ invul save, 2+ save, STR6 power weap attacks. His around 225 points.

I'm considering taking a tyranids force right now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by ForthTheThunder View Post
    Hive Tyrants are good... right?

So who would win.

The most maxed out Close Combat Hive Tyrant Vs Azrael. Yes Azrael, Chapter Master of the Dark Angels.

In case your not sure, Azrael has a 4+ invul save, 2+ save, STR6 power weap attacks. His around 225 points.

I'm considering taking a tyranids force right now.
    My money would be on Azrael due to the 4+ inv save. However, I would try really hard to keep the two out of CC. Azrael sounds like a model begging for a Barbed Strangler/venom cannon carnifex to be shooting at. Or Genestealers. Or even gaunts. Talk about a waste of attacks, let him swing that S6 PW at some gaunts whose save almost doesn't exist.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    156 (x3)

Flying dev tyrant for the win!

Heck even a tyrant with vc/bs combo should do well if you keep it out of melee. With Azrael, I'm sure the owner "wants" to get into melee. So why play that game. Make him fight at range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

In regards to a CC Tyrant. vs. Azrael, I think that answer really is going to depend on the rolls. I agree that Azrael has a better invulnerable save, but with implant attack and its higher initiative, Azrael could fail 2 inv saves and be dead. Conversely, the Hive Tyrant could roll poorly or Azrael could make its saves and destroy the Hive Tyrant in 1 turn. As such, in CC I think its a potentially even fight.

A flying DakkaTyrant or even stationary SniperTyrant could kill this unit however, simply by keep its distance and forcing Azrael to make saves. But of course, Azrael could then attach itself to another unit and be protected by anyone he's attached to. As Hive Commander TamCoan, suggested, Azrael wants to get into combat, so denial may be an even more effective deterrent.
    Rudy Wilfred Picardo
    Tyranid Player
    Current Record (W/L/D) 143/112/60
    Recent Battle - 1500 pt draw vs. IG player (mission: Seek And Destroy)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Honestly I think with the benefit of higher WS and or toxic miasma, a well biomorphed Hive tyrant will crush Azrael. I have encountered Dark angels and Azrael before and he isn't that tough. Even with his big power chopper he will only would half the time. A Hive tyrant can use it's acid maw and much higher STR to wound all the time. Use an implant attack and Azrael will be smushed with ease, I've done it before and I will do it again.

+ Reply to Thread