Good Pointers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Pointers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I found that if you use an archon, and equip him with an agoniser, combat drugs (always select re-roll missed hits, and +1 attack), shadow field (2+ invulnerable save), gruesome talismans, and a splinter pistol (133 pts total), and have Drazhar and as many incubis as possible (one an incubi master), this works so awesome, and It has won me almost every match I play. Usually this one HQ choice wipes out the other army alone!! I suggest to ppl to use this strategy mentioned here!! you won't lose with this!!

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='color:blue'>P.S-
    K-jah is couth&#33;&#33;</span></span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

That&#39;s not a strategy, that&#39;s pumping up an HQ, which is what every player with a close combat orientated army does. Almost every DE army has what you described.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then someone uses some Psycannons. Oh look, they&#39;re dead. A H.Q should not be able to wipe out a whole army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That HQ better be able to wipe out the rest of the opponents army because if you use that, you wont have much of an army beside that to kill anything else. That HQ that you described(assuming it has a raider) costs 496 points. So what happens to that unit? First off, your opponent will shoot EVERY gun that he has at it and the raider will go down. then they have to walk while your opponent still shoots EVERYTHING that he has at it until it is gone. It wont take that many shots since everything there is toughness 3. After that, probably a third of your army is gone and his is still untouched. Hmmmmmmm... good plan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note that I have wiped out an entire Daemonhunters force of 1000 points with 3 psycannons, a grandmaster with termies, Inquisitor lord, a troop of grey knights and a purgation squad with my HQ described above. He only pegged off my troops and wyches and urien&#39;s retinue, and I only inflicted casualties with my retinue. None of my dark lances even harmed the opposing daemonhunters, as they could not see them (the shrouding), and I only had 1 incubi picked of all the retinue. However, my troop in front of the retinue died (only 10 models tho), and my wyches died off the bat, Urien&#39;s crucible did nothing and he with his grotesques were killed by psycannons, but my other troop made it along with my retinue. Oh, and if you load up on incubi, they can take the shots from the psycannon, seeing as it has only an AP of 4, and incubi&#39;s have a 3+ save. I&#39;m just saying this for people who lose with dark eldar... Not to offend anyone else&#33;&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing, My army was only 800 points strong, and the retinue is on foot... Yes, this does suck the points up from the army, but my other squads took up a minimal ammount of points (excepting Urien and his Uber grotesques, which were 190 pts), The other troops and wyches took up about 150 pts each, so I was under the points limit by 200, and about 450 points were a huge waste of points, seeing as they were just meat-shields&#33;&#33; Also, you can put Archon as a independent char., and then he may fleet of foot (yes, even thought he has a 2+ invulnerable), and they must hit the closest squad if he&#39;s within 6" of another squad, so he won&#39;t be hit at much... However, If he has a vindicare, you&#39;re screwed (if he uses sheildbreaker that ignores invulnerables). In other words, against daemonhunters, then just don&#39;t use this HQ choice...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kriscozero has a point. I played against his retinue many many times, and I almost always have trouble wiping them out. Trust me, an agonizer with re-roll failed hits is something terrible to behold. His incubi are almost meat-shields for him, although once you break his archon&#39;s shadow field, it&#39;s all easy going from then on. I find the best way to beat his retinue is to stay more than 12 inches away and just shoot and hope he rolls a lot of 1&#39;s. And as expensive as his retinue really is, trust me it&#39;s worth the points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

There are many other topics going into how people trick out their lords. Personally a punisher, tormentor helm animes vite (sp?) and plasma grenades are a common setup for my lords. The punisher drugs and vite allow you to wound most things on a 2 or 3+ the agonizer is more of a hindrance to the arcon than anything.
    -GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by isitused@Apr 17 2004, 21:29
    There are many other topics going into how people trick out their lords. Personally a punisher, tormentor helm animes vite (sp?) and plasma grenades are a common setup for my lords. The punisher drugs and vite allow you to wound most things on a 2 or 3+ the agonizer is more of a hindrance to the arcon than anything.
    -GM
    You&#39;ve never fought Wraithlords and C&#39;tan before, have you?

YOU KNOW WHAT IS A MAD PIONTERS ALSO&#33;&#33;?&#33;?&#33; GET 10 MAN WARROIR SQUADS WIHT 2 DLANCES&#33;&#33; SUPE CHEESE IT KI11Z ANYONE&#33;&#33;&#33;

I had to do it, all this formal chit chat tick tock makes me bored.
    R U 0K!??!? BUHHHHST WUUUULFFFFF!!!

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

calm down kerpal_g. . . . . . jeeze. :blink:

Anyways, i wanted to say that the incubi retinue is arguably the most dangerous one in all of 40k when it&#39;s on the charge. Also, i would like to ask what are the chances of actually getting to use the animus vitae?
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast