New to necrons wanting advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to necrons wanting advice

Hello ive been kinda inactive from warhammer but want to start back up again with a what you see is what you get necron army list. I was wondering if u guys think necrons preform better with 2000 points or 1500? Also i was hoping general advice about units preformance in actual games. Finally I play against Tau Eldar and Space marines and IG regularily.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, with Necrons, it's usually WYSIWG because there's just not that many options for individual armament.

I've played at the 1.5k and 2k levels and I'd have to say that I prefer the 1.5k confrontations. Then again, I was also stretching points to fit into the 2k.

I would have to say to start with a 1k and see what you like and then expand using the strengths that you like there to 1.5k and eventually hit the 2k mark.

Hope that helped.
    |T|O|O|-|L|A|Z|Y|-my anti-drug

The rep button () is your friend!

Be off-topic and visit www.theopia.com

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well kinda helpful but ill reword

Well so far ive played 3 armys nidz IG chaossm i have found that planning out the whole army from the begging is the best way to go. i guess i was wondering why a 1500 pt army is better then 2000 with necrons and how to be point smart. I've never played against necrons (which is why I'm choosing to make one) so i am only able to analize the stats from the codex and speculate on how they will preform. Im kinda hoping for some first hand advice on what is worth getting and what is not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help is on the way

well the way i see necrons is that you either go all shooty, all combat or a mix of both

if you think about necron strengths theyre extremely mobile and have gauss weaponry and are fairly good at attrtition they can also stand back up

but.... they have phase out and generally are outnumbered

if we look at each unit in detail we can compare whats good and whats not

necron lord on foot - good with either res orb or veil or both. with veil go with immortals and fly around. with res orb stay and support

necron lord destroyer - ok in combat and best with phaseshifter warcythe and res orb with necroj wraiths or scarabs (preference to wraiths )

pariahs- absolute rubbish unless used against heavy psychic army or used in conjuction with the deceiver. they ever make it to combat and die easily

immortals - best shooty infantry in necrons they re best used with a veil of darkness

flayed ones - theyelite choice or cc and they are good because they can infilrtrate i have had very good expereinces with them and their terrifying visage. just dont deepstrike them

warrior- lets see, compared to a space marine, higher leadership, less inititive gauss weaponry and well be back and preotecting phase out what more could you ask for?

scarabs- evryone loves these little buggers they hold up infantry , can destroy tanks and dont die for ages

wraiths - the best necron cc unit with inititave 6 and 3 aatttacks each with a 12 inch move and 3+ invulnerable they are best used with a destroyer lord.

heavy destroyers - not a fan of these i have to say but i cant deny that they dont have their uses

monolith fav heavy support choice, never leave home without them (unless your playing less than 1000 points )

tomb spyders - i have never used them but they look quite interesting on paper

anyway thats it apart from the ctan which i wouldnt buy yet if i were you
    happy gaming

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by thenightbringer666 View Post
    pariahs- absolute rubbish unless used against heavy psychic army or used in conjuction with the deceiver. they ever make it to combat and die easily
    Great post Nightbringer. Have to disagree here though. They die like T5 marines... meaning they are great, but newer players should avoid them as they require a different style of use compared to the rest of the Cron army. You have to ''think outside the box'' with them. Get the Charge and most elite units will die fast on the receiving end of S5 Warscythes, especially Terminators (with Powerfists).

+ Reply to Thread