Can I have some tips for a scratch built mega gargant - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Can I have some tips for a scratch built mega gargant

So me and my buddy are making some concept work for an 18 inch mega gargant.

I am good with plasti card, greenstuff, sculpting, casting, molding and am also a bit rat. He is an artist by profession so he is great with drawing and painting. He is fantastic at painting minis. We are both very creative so this project can go very well.

We are both building our own Gargant because two Meks love to get together and scheme.

Both gargants will sport interchangeable arms and weapons via magnets or fitted pvc pipes. Hopefully, you know what I mean. We plan to make the inside of the gargant really orky so the amour must be removable. Inside will be at least 5 levels. With an orkish interior. Exposed pipes, wiring, rust, scrap and grots. Essentially it will be a patchwork of iron and circuitry.

The bottom level is the engine room and docking bay for the boyz.

4th level is the plasma reacta/promethium tanks/shield generata

3rd level is the ammo storage

2 level is the belly cannon room

1 level is still up for grabs.

the head will be the bridge.

I plan on having many winding stairs and fireman poles with grots and orks running back and forth.

Those are just some my ideas. |Here is where we mekboyz start butting heads. He likes the feet idea on the mega gargant. I rather think the feet are ok on a stompa but look just too comical for a mega gargant. It looks to much like a drunken penguin. Too comical for me. I like orky but not Tom and Jerry cartoon qualities on a gargant. I will go with the massive tracks for the gargant and will still count it as a super-heavy walker. Oh well to each his own. We are Orks after all.

Anyhow, give me some ideas. We have started to draw the concept work on scale. I had to get drafting paper to do it.

Ideas would be appreciated.

-pinoy

If you are into lighted-hearted fun where enjoying a game has priority over power gaming then go ahead and try BLOOD BOWL. You will be presently surprised.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Well you beat me to it. I will put up the work I have done so far on my 12" high stompa. It was made using foamboard and has so far cost me less than $16 USD. It is also stronger than just plasticard as it is about 10 mm thick. Its easy to cut and use too.
    W/D/L Ork Tide 22/1/14

Click here to feed me some squigs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been halfheartedly considering making a gargant for a while, but school has done a great job of getting in the way of any creative projects. You seem to have it all layed out in your head already, so I'm not sure that I can give you any great advice, but I will point you to a pretty decent web site that I have found. It's called Da Gargant Ownerz Klub and by all accounts it has some really great information on constructing your own gargants, including size charts based on epic models and tonnes of how-to's. Here's the link to their forums: Da Gargant Ownerz Klub - Home

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Stompa?

I've been meaning to ask, and now seems as good a time and place as any:

With the new apocalypse rules, what happened to the smaller stompas/gargants?

I've got a stompa that's around 7-8in tall, and about 4in wide, but that's nowhere big enough to be a gargant, and in the apocalypse book, even the smaller stompa gargant is absolutely huge by comparison.

So what do we do with the smaller stompas? Are there rules I've missed, or is it still within the appropriate size range? Could I add a little to it and pass it as the smaller of the two options?
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ grax:
    In true ork fashion, it's basically up to you. There is a fair amount of room for interpretation and representation as no official model has been yet released, so you could definately go for the standard stompa if you want. You could also use your smaller stompa as a representation of something else like a ruzzbot, (just a vertical leman russ), in apocalypse games, (or any other tank that whose rules would represent it better), and if all else fails you can just make up a datasheet for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

To Pinoy: I have posted the progress so far on my gargant. It may be of particular interest to you as there is a fair amount of internal space in the design (I plan on actually transporting things in it).

To grax: a smaller stompa just means it can hide! Its not like the apoc book gives an actual size for the thing just a reference figure.
    W/D/L Ork Tide 22/1/14

Click here to feed me some squigs

+ Reply to Thread