Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Well I have been working on this for 3 days now, off and on between Uni classes. It has been made mostly from foam sandwich board which cost me about $14 NZ and I still have more than A4 left so far.
As you can see there is a working front weapon hatch and rear access hatch. The boiler tanks were lift bottles with a small shampoo type bottle drilled out for the taller smokestack. I have since added the rear big shoota, the front mega burna and built a chainsaw for the titan CC weapon. If people are interested I can post the dimensions and part diagrams so you can make your own. I will also update my progress as it reaches further completion. Feedback is welcome!
Well I am on mid semester break from Uni so I have done some more work on the stompa. I spent $5 NZ to get the plumbing pipes needed to make the arm supports and gun barrels. All up to this stage it has cost me less than $20. I am however out of sandwich board, so cardboard was used for some remaining parts. The chainsaw arm is removable so that I can play the stompa as a mek stompa for those pesky armoured company games.
I would really like some ideas for rivets, as this will need quite a few. I was thinking some small tacks but am worried about pointy objects on the inside of the body as I am quite likely to have my hand inside it at some stage.
Last edited by NovaJohn; April 20th, 2008 at 04:08. Reason: Image not showing
I like the design it looks amazing and could you send the dimensions when your done i would like to build my own Stompa. Have you decided on the colors your going to paint it.8X
You can go with the tacks, just cut off the pointing parts and glue them on rather than sticking them in
Looks good btw, though the the bottle with the cap on looks like a bottle with a cap on... The other one looks good as an exhaust, but the one with the cap just looks like a soda bottle so may want to add something there...
Monkey's Killer Kan WiP (Updated 4/29)
Well here is the next stage of development. I used an old plastic jumprope for the rivets and an old plastic document binder for the plasticard. Both of these were lying around as pre-used, to buy would be... $20 NZ ish I guess.
To Dracon121: I will put up the dimensions soon but you should note that I made a key mistake when I started. I used the rough size guide in the Apocalypse rules and it turns out that my stompa is twice the size it should be. It is in fact a gargant. The size chart on gargant owners club is a good measure. As a deff-skulls ork it will be black with silver trim and lots and lots of blue for luck!
To Monkeyclops: Thanks for the input, the bottle cap will be covered in cotton wool as the vents will be belching quite a lot of smoke, this should diminish the bottle-ness of that tank.
Here is the latest batch of pics
Well, I have to say I really like your Stompa, also the bottle-exhaust as I think it looks pretty stylish and excellent in the contrast to the other "heavy-work" exhaust.
In addition to the plans and dimensions I also like to know how much paint this baby is going to need... are you gonna buy GW paint in buckets? Either way, keep us updated.
"Fear not and look up to the sky for salvation, for we have entered orbit."
Blood Angels 2nd Grail Guard Company
I like the colors on it but if you buy GW paint it will take a lot of money to get it. So if I were you I would buy buckets instead of GW paint.
Starting to look good! Keep working on it!
Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
Voor alle nederlanders:
The Dutch Legion
So Here is the second to last stage of the stompa. The main colours are done, it just needs some peeling paint and rust spots and its all done. In hind sight I should have sprayed the edge plates silver and masked them before spraying the whole thing black. The edges took 2 hours to do for just 2 coats. As monkeyclops suggested I have hidden the bottle cap, there will at some stage be smoke coming out of both the boilers. As far as painting, I purchased some blue acrylic and some black spray. I have heaps of spray left over and used 1/3 of a 200 mL bottle of the blue. Like I said above I should have used silver spray, instead I will make it look like the paint has been flaked off and show "metal" underneath. Not looking forward to the rust spots for most of the rivets. First I have to learn how to do the rusting. I will probably put lenses in the eye sockets as they look pretty bad. The original concept sketch had horns, but I have been unable to find any kiddy Viking costumes and can't figure out how to make some (I wan't them to be curved, it looks super awesome on paper.)