New Tau Army Idea - A Bit Different - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x1)

New Tau Army Idea - A Bit Different

Has anyone ever made an army almost entirely out of Firewarriors, Pathfinders, Pirhanas, Devilfish and Hammerheads?

Kind of like an infantry heavy IG force but with Tau.

Firewarriors transport in Devilfish whilst Pathfinders scout ahead with markerlights. Pirhanas armed with fusion blasters are mobile anti-tank combined with Hammerheads.

It's just that I see so many Tau armies with suits, suits and more suits. I know it makes for a very good army, but is this firewarrior heavy idea a viable alternative?

A couple of Kroot squads can also be useful for infiltrating.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

26 (x1)

It can be a good force if played right, I know I've done it a few times.

The drawback to this list though, is the sacrifice of the mid strength-low AP weapons only crisis suits can carry, namely missile pods and plasma rifles as the piranhas will have the fusion blasters.
    These are by no means essential, but they can make a lot of difference in a game.

This type of force might be more viable in the rumoured 5th edition, where only Troops infantry count as scoring units. Since we have much more useful units in the other FOC slots there is a tendency towards taking as few Fire Warriors as possible among Tau players.

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

18 (x1)

I like to field as many troops as I can, they're a great low cost, lots of models option.
    I think skipping on the J-S-J, long range, very mobile strong weapons is a mistake, though. I'd sub the piranhas for some DRs or FKs. Also, you won't be able to avoid fielding your two HQ suits
    What do you do when it's 5 in the morning, you're exhausted and you only have 3 hours until your alarm clock goes off?

Troll :)

+ Reply to Thread