flash git test - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: flash git test

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flash git test

i didn't actually bother converting any yet, i just took some extra shoota boyz i had laying around and used them. i took them in a 1500 point game against some space marines, fully tricked out (including painboy/borkbodies) no badrukk though. I gotta say, i think i might convert and use some for good now and even take bad boy badrukk two.

They are nobs so they have good stats, they can do pretty good CC given they don't get PK options, but the shooting phase is just outstanding against groups of small elite units. the only downside is their low accuracy but if you save those ammo runts for lets say some squad of marines and you get a couple turns of good AP(i got a 4 first ttime and a 2 the second time, both of which with the blasta Upgrade pierce marine armor) you can down them almost instantly.

I gotta agree with my opponent to some point they do realy on luck but any armor 5up gets shot threw, and with a little luck others fall as well. they wound 4t on a 2up and if your close enough you can charge right in after your shooting phase to clean up survivors.

I'll use them in a few more games to see peak effectiveness and see hwo often they just become useless in a perticular game. I've been wanting to use them and i haven't seen any posts on them so i guess i'll be the one to jump threw this door for anyone else intrested in them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

I used Gitz in one of my 1st games with the new Dex (it was a 3 player FFA). My friends hate them with a passion, they felt they were very huge. It took a Necron Destroyer Lord with War Scythe to stop them

I didn't even fully kit them out, feel they get over expensive if you do. I simply gave them the Dakka upgrade for the extra shots, don't remember if I gave them Cyborks or not. But when you compare them to Nobz they basically get their guns for free! They are basically nobz with Eavy Armour, which cost the same. However, as stated you do lose the PK and other options that Nobs can take, that and no transport and are HS. But regardless they are a very scary squad vs MEQs!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Interesting

Flash gitz are interesting, and actually took me by surprise in a game I recently had. First, the flash gitz were able to take down a trukk, thanks to the shootier and more dakka upgrades (always a must), and when I ran a trukk full of boyz into them, I was surprised to find out that the flash gitz were completely viable in close combat. The inability to take a powerklaw hurts them, and their relatively short range makes a transport vehicle more or less a necessity, but they proved very viable in both close combat and shooting.

The problem with flash gitz was evident in that same match, where the next round, after my trukk boyz were finished off, I rolled up a unit of tankbustas in a wagon, and wiped them off the map. Of course, nobz have similar problems, but nobz can be given warbikes, and can be run a bit more cheaply than flash gitz.

What I'm getting at, is that not only are flash gitz very expensive, but they also don't excel at anything. Their AP piercing ability is more than a bit random, and orks can get around that in close combat with burnas, rokkits, and powerklaws. Lootas have superior power and range, and regular nobz are superior in close combat.

Flash gitz are good at both shooting and close combat, but they aren't great at either. This wouldn't matter, of course, if they didn't cost so much. Shoota boyz, for example, are also good at both shooting and close combat, but unlike Flash gitz, they're also dirt cheap. Compare an equal number of points worth of shoota boyz to a single fully equipped unit of flash gitz. AP doesn't matter as nearly as people think, not when a single unit can put out as many as 68 shots a turn.

Still, use them if you like them, but for the same point cost, you can field 2 units, one that's great at shooting, and one that's great at close combat. 2 specialized units are better than 1 that's merely capable at both, in my opinion.
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; April 9th, 2008 at 17:27. Reason: forgot one thing
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

If you are just using them for their guns, look at their point cost and see how many lootas you get instead. You will get a LOT more. You might think lootas have only one wound and a bad save but then there is a lot more of them, twice the range and way more dakka. Plus you can keep them in cover so they have a save from that.

+ Reply to Thread