Cool idea...in my opinion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool idea...in my opinion

So I have a retinue lord with incubi, and have like 1 or 2 splinter cannons just so they have a little bit of shoot power from their raider as they cruise along to the enemies lines. I was considering replacing the warriors with splinter cannons with Eldar Harlequin Death jesters, as they are in very similar appearance to incubi, but also hold a giant gun much like a splinter cannon. I figured it would be a cool idea, cause I love those models, and it would fit the theme of the retinue...what are your thoughts/concerns.

Last edited by Ridisk; April 10th, 2008 at 06:44. Reason: spelling error

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I can't see a problem with it, just make sure your opponents know what they represent. I've seen an Archon converted from a Death Jester so I wouldn't worry about them not fitting in!
    bob
    Kabal of the Twilight Blade - Host of Tecpatl - Salamanders 3rd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ridisk View Post
    So I have a retinue lord with incubi, and have like 1 or 2 splinter cannons just so they have a little bit of shoot power from their raider as they cruise along to the enemies lines. I was considering replacing the warriors with splinter cannons with Eldar Harlequin Death jesters, as they are in very similar appearance to incubi, but also hold a giant gun much like a splinter cannon. I figured it would be a cool idea, cause I love those models, and it would fit the theme of the retinue...what are your thoughts/concerns.
    Hi,
    This is using the power of the Grand Tournament rule of “counts as,” as you are not doing a conversion here but merely a substitution. The different model “counts as” something else for this use only.

This is permissible in tournaments when it’s a citadel model and the Eldar Harlequin Death jesters are only in use for warriors with splinter cannons. The difficulty arises when you have other warriors with splinter cannons on the table as it can be confusing when the fake and the original start to mix.

This is where an explanation to your opponent comes in handy to short circuit any misunderstanding during the games play.

For me I would be very tempted to remove the Death Jesters Shrieker Cannon and replace it with a Splinter Cannon for authenticity. But a similar paint job to your retinue should be enough for it to blend in.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

There are 2 special metal warriors that come splinter cannons with the Asdrubael Vect set. I will try to find a picture or at least show you the ones that I have - I painted them to match the rest of the incubi. Funny thing is I can't find a picture anywhere on the net - I will try to post one later.

As for putting splinter cannons in a retinue - not my cup of tea but thats for a different thread.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by KwiKwag View Post
    There are 2 special metal warriors that come splinter cannons with the Asdrubael Vect set. I will try to find a picture or at least show you the ones that I have - I painted them to match the rest of the incubi. Funny thing is I can't find a picture anywhere on the net - I will try to post one later.

As for putting splinter cannons in a retinue - not my cup of tea but thats for a different thread.
    Kwi, I thought that I knew just about every model in the DE range so you surprised me here!

The only other model that I know of that could fit the bill here and be a bit different would be a metal Scourge splinter cannon model minus the wings.

And I too can’t see the value of putting ballistic weapons onto an uber assault squad, I know at face value it looks to be flexible but to me mixed weapons end up being just plain ineffective.

Guns are for Gunboats and assaults are for the Lord and the Incubi and mixing the two just waters down either event.

But I am the first to admit that tactics are not my forte.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

I love the Death Jester model too... I have 3 and Maugan Ra. I generally use them as Dark Lance Warriors. Mainly because I don't field many of them

In a fun environment, definitely go for it. Style points are awesome.

But in a super anal tournament or something, beware is all.

Note that you have my green light though!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

225 (x6)

Here are the ones I was talking about - they come in the Asdrubael Vect set.

*Warning - they are unfinished models*

http://www.geocities.com/tpetroni@sb...t/scannon1.jpg

A closer look

http://www.geocities.com/tpetroni@sb...et/scannon.jpg

So, my question is... why, in the name of commarrogh, are there splinter cannons in the Vect set?
    Last edited by KwiKwag; April 11th, 2008 at 05:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KwiKwag View Post
    Here are the ones I was talking about - they come in the Asdrubael Vect set.

*Warning - they are unfinished models*

http://www.geocities.com/tpetroni@sb...t/scannon1.jpg

A closer look

http://www.geocities.com/tpetroni@sb...et/scannon.jpg

So, my question is... why, in the name of commarrogh, are there splinter cannons in the Vect set?
    did you buy the Vect set off of someone else? cause those are definatley the 2 gunners from the Vehicle....they aren't orginally holding splinter rifles....and their arms and joined together to shoot a turret gun in the actual Vect set....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

434 (x8)

Hi,
    I am afraid that they are conversions made from Vects gunners and splinter cannons glued in place.

Still, its another possibilty that can be used!

Cheers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

225 (x6)

Well that answers that!

I own 2 sets but I did not put together any of them. I got one set when I originally received my army from my friend - it was unbuilt and decided having a plain ravager was more important and left Vect unbuilt. These 2 guys were already built so hence my confusion.

My other Vect model I won at a GW store auction - I didn't built it either as it was the store model built by the store owner. I have no idea where those gunners went as I have different gunners altogether on it now.

Sorry for the confusion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast