Sniperfex vs. Dakkafex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sniperfex vs. Dakkafex

Well, I already have one sniperfex (VC and BS), and I just got a second carnifex not too long ago that I'm finally getting around to building. However, while I love the VC for my carnifex, I often find myself disapointed by the constant misses with the BS. So, I was thinking of trading that out for a TL-Devourer, and keeping the VC. I like the idea that he'd still be able to fire across the board, but have a better chance at actually hitting something. But when I think about it, I'm wondering if it would be better to trade the VC for another TL-Devourer to keep it a simple-minded organism.

What are your opinions on a Zengamer's "Grendalfex" vs. the traditional sniperfex vs. the traditional Dakkafex?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Master of the Universe BIGphil22X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Well first of all, statistically, the BS and the VC hit just as often as each other, so I don't get your argument there. But I'd say if you can, magnetize your second fex. This is a fairly easy conversion that is well worth it, for the money you save. And I would go for a full "dakkafex," as in 2TL devourers.
    "Sanguine, my brother."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get some pretty unfortunate rolls with my barbed strangler also, but I wouldn't hold onto the Venom Cannon. I like to have my units performing focused tasks and anything that a devourer would be particularly effective at a Venom Cannon most likely won't be and visa versa.

Personally I'd go Sniper because when the barbed strangler is hitting it can help with vehicles or infantry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

What are your opinions on a Zengamer's "Grendalfex" vs. the traditional sniperfex vs. the traditional Dakkafex?
    Well, maybed I'm just dense, but I've never heard of a "Grendalfex." I would supose it's some hybrid combo with a VC and then devourers?

For your fex, it really depends what you are running you're army with. If you are over 1000 points, I would definately say add in the toehr sniper fes as at thsi point you start hiting the heavier tanks or simply more of the lighter ones. The thing about these two fexes are that they fill vastly different rolls. While the dakka fex is going to be fine with very light vehicles and infantry, it gives you almost no protection against things like russes and otehr heavier tanks that become standard in higher point value games because of it's range and strength.

The sniper on the otherhand, while not the best anti-tank/ anti-infantry unit in the game, is the best that we have for taking out tanks. I know everyone hates statistics, but the BS should hit 3 times a game and against tanks, I regard it mainly like a bonus shot in addition to the VC, which should on average give you a hit per turn.

Lots of stuff in our army can kill infantry, but not much can kill the heavier stuff. That's why I thnik the sniper is the best loadout for atleast the first two fexes. It fills a roll that not much else can.

But I'd say if you can, magnetize your second fex
    Best advice ever. Then you can try out both and decide what you need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    156 (x3)

I'd advise to never mix "roles" with your carnifex. The sniperfex's role is long-range armor disabling. It wields your two best weapon to take out tanks, skimmers and anything with an AV. It should always shoot at the hard targets first. Only use it on infantry if you have nothing else to shoot at that turn.

The dakafex's use is for infantry and very light armor destruction. It's a medium ranged gun platform that can toss out a ton of shots and rerolls.

IMHO trying to mix long-range anti-armor with medium range anti-infantry is always a bad idea.

I would advise to do the magnetized carnifex though. That will let you mix and match your weapon load outs for much less than buying another fex.

+ Reply to Thread