Welcome to Librarium Online!
I've recently found myself eyeing up some of these creatures for my swarm with the idea of building a kind of bodyguard for my soon to be winged tyrant and wanted something with a little more bite than my current Hormagaunts.
While i was able to choose from a selection of tyrant sized wings and eventually settled on a Balrogs, wings for my slightly more diminutive Warriors are eluding me.
Can anyone shed some light on how they were able to create Winged Warriors? I could just settle for leaping but while their charge is good they just cant keep up with the Hormagaunt/Ravener/Tyrant attack spike I'm building.
Wings for Warriors eh?
Here are some options
1. If you have enough money (or, more money than sense at least) you can get the forge world warrior wings. They look pretty as all heck, and they incorporate scything talons into them as a bonus.
2. I believe that Morathi's Dark Pegasus (from the fantasy range) has some wings that ar eof the appropriate scale. However, since GW is the piss, and won't let you order bitz anymore you'd have to buy the whole kit. If you are going to spend that kind of money go with option 1.
3. Cut out some teardrop shaped pieces of clear plastic. affix them to the back of the warrior's carapace with some green stuff, and cover the join with some extra carapace bits (or more green stuff, or both, whatever you have the talent for), and you will have some pretty decent looking dragonfly/beetle-esque wings. (if you are really talented, you can paint the wing veins/cell structure too. Otherwise a simple colored wash works well enough)
Hope those ideas help. (I recommend 1 or 3)
* "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
* "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."
I own the Balrog wings, and believe that they are too large for the Warriors. The Balrog wingspan is almost twice the height of the Hive Tyrant.
I know that GW will be releasing some new bitz packs involving wings this month and next month (April/May 200. Supposedly there are 5 sets of wings that are coming in this time, with the old plastic Fantasy Dragon wings shortly afterwards. As mentioned already, I believe the Dark Pegasus Wings are the best choice.
Here's a few images that may help you out
Winged Warriors 01
Winged Warriors 02
Winged Warriors 03
Winged Warriors 04
Winged Warriors 05
Winged Warriors 06
Winged Warriors 07
Rudy Wilfred Picardo
Current Record (W/L/D) 143/112/60
Recent Battle - 1500 pt draw vs. IG player (mission: Seek And Destroy)
Nice! I really like #4!
Looking forward to being able to just buy the wings. I wonder what price point will be for them.
i purchased 3 pairs of those wings, i think they ended up running me quite a bit. I think it was like...something around 5 bucks a set? if not a wing, the shop i ordered them from didn't get the price until the order came through and to a shock to me and her, she ended up heavily discounting them 8Y. They are pretty sweet!, and hopefully this summer i'll be able to sit down and work on em.
I used gargoyle wings on mine. I only ordered 4 before the bitz service changed. I just got a gargoyle blister to round out my winged warriors.
Basically, with some judicious dremelling, I managed to get them to fit.