Fighting Imp Guard Saturday. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is My army list

HQ

Shash'O-Plasma rifle, Missile Pod, Multi tracker.

ELITES

5 Stealth suits with 1 Sheild drone

1 Crisis with TL Plasma and hardwired Dron controller +2 gun drones

TROOPS

12 Kroot

12 FW with 2 Gun drones

12 FW with 2 Gun drones

FAST ATTACK

8 Gun drones.

Ive played this guy once before in a 1.5k match. He likes Heavy weapon squads and Guess weapons, and Sentinels. I dont know what he is giong to use in a 1,000 point match.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The gundrones on with the firewarriors cost a lot, 20 for the drones and 7 for a teamleader with HW drone controller thats 13.5 pnt, almost 2 kroot, per drone.

The crisis suit should have a drone controller as support system instead of a HW-version (he must have a support/weapon system assigned to the third hardpoint).
    I would rather have two PR's on it instead of one TL PR.

Bond the firewarriors and stealths, they will last you twice as long.

Jozef

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your list is great, except for that lone crisis suit. You dont really have to incorporate the kroot against the IG either. I reccomend with the extra points you get from taking away the drones, kroot, and the crisis are either:
    1) Get more stealth suits! Their S5 AP5 rounds they are equipped with totally slaughter their main troops.
    2) (which I reccomend a lot, and if you dont have enough points for it, make room&#33 The hammerhead. It can take out any imperial tank with ease, and it has its submunition round that can leave gapong holes in the enemies defenses.

I would rather have two PR's on it instead of one TL PR.
    By the way Jozef, you cannot just put 2 plasma rifles on a suit and expect to get 2 24'' shots... They can only be twin linked if 2 are put on one suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you hadn't noticed, J'kaara'D, there is an extra points thing. +16 points per rifle, or 24 points if they are twin linked. You can have two, just as long as you pay the points.

And considering that Saturday is today, I don't think he'll see it in time. Schme.

Good luck Freya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, be quiet, next time you insult me, do the research. The Tau Codex is my bible. It clearly states i the section CRISIS BATTLESUIT WEAPONS, that:
    It is possible to mount the same weapon (not if it is a flamer) on 2 hard points instead of one. The two weapons will then fire like a single twin linked weapon.
    Yeah? So shut up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shas'O'J'kaara'D is right. Ive seen a million FAQ's and post about this,(both official and unofficial) you CANNOT have two of the same weapon UNLESS they ARE TWINLINKED.

Freya Crescent, if you can, get rid of the kroot and get either some more Firewarriors/gun drones/stealth suits/ crisis suits. Agianst IG, your best bet is to get as many AP5 shots as you can on the board. He shouldnt be able to get into CC with you anyway with all the shots you'll be hittting him with.

A Hammerhead will make his tanks go *poof*, so if you have one, try your hardest to get it. But if he doesnt use many tanks, then just get more pulse rifles/carbines/burst cannons on the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i'd say get more crisis, they are awesome...and jozef, you should have known that you cant have 2 of the same gun and not be TL, you insult the TAU name....
    Tau'Va
    "Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all strategem is lost and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost."
    -O'Shovah

<span style='color:red'>Image Removed</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahm... I know you might find this idea very strange... but have you ever considered your opponent could field tanks, even Basilisks against you?

Dont get me wrong, but you really need some heavy support.

There are 2 cheap solutions:

1. Hammerhead

Well, not exactly a cheap choice, but definitly the best. IMHO this vehicle was designed against Imperial Guard, as he will always have the right weapon to handle the job. Railgun against tanks, and the alternative mode to annihilate whole squads at once.

2. Broadside with 1 Shield Drone

This combo is more than a match for a leman russ battle tank.

Lets say he gets the first shoot, he has to choices: Shoot at you with the big gun (does not pierce your armor, you are very likely to survive), or shoot at you with the laser (targets the shield drone, your Broadside survives anyway). You see that he has virtually no chance to hit you. And then its your turn to direct that twin linked mass driver at him...

My flatmate plays IG so I battle them very often, so please take my advice and add some heavy guns for the greater good&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I was wrong...I have the FAQ, didn&#39;t think I&#39;d seen it in there, I&#39;ll check again. Maybe ask the Roolz boyz.

Even still...you didn&#39;t have to be such a dickhead about it...I interpreted it within what it said, so if my opinion differs but still is OK in that singular context, you don&#39;t have to bitch about it.

Damn.

Closed Thread