Heavy Destroyers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Heavy Destroyers

So now that glancing a vehicle will almost never destroy it necrons players are left with just the monolith and heavy destroyers. So unless GW make new rules for guass weapons necron armies will change drastically. So how will necrons take out vehicles in 5th edition?

Maybe now the nightbringer is worth the points

Prey they don't take you alive

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Personally I have a suspicion that with the new Vehicle Damage Chart, Gauss will get a slight modification.
    Something like, "Gauss weapons get a +2 to rolls on the Vehicle Damage Chart".
    Hopefully it will be listed in the Rule Book, and not have to wait until they update the Codex, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Until we see a new Cron Dex, im thinking Heavies will now become a viable choice!

Just standing in the middle of a ballroom in a Hyatt in Cincinnati.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Tomb Spyders and scarbs with disruption fields! I'm a Tomb Spyder, destroyer(not heavy), warriors, and monolith fanatic!
    I thought I was smart, but apparently people don't like to take advice from beggars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Naginatado View Post
    I use Tomb Spyders and scarbs with disruption fields! I'm a Tomb Spyder, destroyer(not heavy), warriors, and monolith fanatic!
    Disruption fields only cause a glance also. You're back to square-one. Heavy Destroyers will be the way to do it for the time being.

Based upon the 5th edition leak, Rending is slightly nerfed. I could honestly see Gauss counting as Rending in the Necron future.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Since it sounds as though vehicles will not be scoring units I doubt the new damage rules will be that inconvenient; furthermore, it sounds as though all gauss hits will still prevent a vehicle from firing. And glances will still destroy a vehicle, it'll just take a few more rolls, which is not a serious handicap for an army in which nearly all ranged weapons have the rule and nearly all units have strong resistance to battle cannons, not to mention the lesser firepower that comes from a tank. Still, if people start taking heavy Destroyers instead of spamming with the regular type, great!
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh

forgive me if im wrong but doent a glancing blow up on a 6 its fine for me

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

In 5th ed, glancing gets -2 on the single vehicle damage table.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Since it sounds as though vehicles will not be scoring units I doubt the new damage rules will be that inconvenient; furthermore, it sounds as though all gauss hits will still prevent a vehicle from firing. And glances will still destroy a vehicle, it'll just take a few more rolls, which is not a serious handicap for an army in which nearly all ranged weapons have the rule and nearly all units have strong resistance to battle cannons, not to mention the lesser firepower that comes from a tank. Still, if people start taking heavy Destroyers instead of spamming with the regular type, great!
    So, in your words, it is fine and "not a big problem" that we are left with one gun in the whole army (Not counting Mr. BadAss Nightbringer and Monos as not a lot of people seem to play them now, but then again, maybe they will in 5th, as Mono will also benefit from the same new table) that can pen 12+ armor, in the light that glancing just became... I want to say, significantly less destructive? It is a nerf for us, but how big of a nerf, we will only learn... Glancing tanks to death was one of the key tactics of our army. Welcome HDestroyers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if they give crons rending il be more then happy bye bye carnafex:party: but the heavy des will be real handy i just got to get one now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast