The best unit to supliment Nidzilla? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best unit to supliment Nidzilla?

Don't have the codex yet, gonna buy I today. I want to go for lots of big bugs and elite dakkafexes and heavy sniperfexes seem to be the most popular. I don't think I'll field 6 'fexes though, bit boring, probably 2 of each leaving space for some variety,perhaps zonethropes and maybe even warriors (which seem a bit crap) . I like the look of those fast things which dig too.

I know that they'll need some smaller ones to support them so this is either rippers stealers or various gaunt species: Which is the best choice? I want to get these first so I can try my paint schemes.

Thanks,
    iamthefly.

Last edited by Face-Smasher; May 10th, 2008 at 13:34.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With your only Synapse being provided by the two tyrants (one of which should be flying), maintaining a synapse web becomes difficult, so I would say grab a couple Zoanthropes. Also, Ravagers add a good amount of much needed speed to a Nidzilla list, and paired with Hormogaunts, add a considerable amount of killing power to the 'guants raw number of attacks.

This is at least what I've seen after facing Nidzilla a few times. After I nuked his tyrants a couple games in a row, he started taking zoans to keep his synapse web intact. My regular nid opponent (when he plays nidzilla, and not a stealer/swarm list) uses 2 Tyrants, 2 Dakkafexes, 2 Lictos, some gaunts/stealers, 4 Ravagers, 2 Zoans and 2 Sniperfexes. The lictors ensure that my tanks start having to move around a bit to avoid their rending on turn 2-3, and the ravagers provide excellent counter-assault for when I try to swamp his dakkafexes in CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks,

Just bought the 'dex.

I think (considering your advice) I'm lookin' at:

Dakka Tyrant Wings
    Long range sniper Tyrant

2 Dakkafexes
    2 Sniperfexes

Rippers to protect the Fexes and walking Tyrant from charges

Hormogaunts and Ravagers combo

Zoanthropes

This means that I won't be buying the Battalion.
    Are Warriors crap?

Thanks.

pen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warriors are not bad. Warriors are fragile.
    They can preform admirably and provide synapse, but are not that fast (unless with the overpriced wings) and can't really take a beating.

They are not the best unit to fill a specific role in your army (dakkafexes/tyrants are GREAT at killing infantry, raveners are GREAT for rending countercharges etc) but they are great if you need synapse and a bit of rending/dakka on the side.

The tyranid battleforce is REALLY good actually, it's a good investment to buy one or two. But before you buy ANYTHING more than the codex I'd suggest you toy around with lists and proxy them and play like that.

I'm playing with a nidzilla/swarm hybrid, with 2 dakkatyrants, 2 sniperfexes, 3 raveners, 48-60 spinegaunts and 3*3 warriors (could go with 3 dakkafexes instead, but that's just overkill in friendly games). I'd advice against using lots of rippers, because it'll cost you an arm and a leg. You can't get a lot of rippers without spending horrible amounts of money.

If you (and your buddies) are just starting with the hobby, I would check with them (your local gamers) how competative they want to play, because if you're fielding 6 TMCs, they might not enjoy themselves in friendly games. I've so far won almost all my battles, and am constantly trying to tone my lists down without going nuts (it's hard for me to not optimize lists )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    156 (x3)

With your core being ranged units, why not replace those hormagaunts with spinegaunts? You'll get more and they serve as a better speed bump.

Just food for thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

I my army list consists of 3
    dakka fex's,
    2 sniperfex's,
    1 flying dakka-tyrant,
    1 walking dakka-tyrant
    5 dakka-warriors
    24 spines
    24 termagaunts

for about 1500 (i'm prety sure this is my list, if it is slightly over then remove a warrior or two.

Dakka warriors are indredibly dangerous, if a little fragile. They will often be over looked for shooting at as they only spit out 4 shots each while the carni's are larger targets and shoot out 8 shots each and hence seem more dangerous.

I use guants to protect my shooters so they stay out of combat and also to shoot if they need to because termaguants especially are actually really really dangerous to both meq and geq through shear weight of shots!

I have to agree with pen though. Depending on your group you may have to dumb down your lists a bit to make sure you don't loose any friends!
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally for my 'Zilla List i used a mass swarm of rippers as they are cheap as chips and people tend to overlook them. They are great for tying up large ammounts of infantry, 150pts for 15 bases of 3 wounds each, assuming all get in on the charge (if you throw them at large infantry blocks) thats 60 attacks 8X8X8X

Just food for thought, genies are nice but a lil bit expensive if you are serious about putting in the 'Zilla factor.

Kaannn
    Mmmm... Biomatter... OMNOMNOMNOM

The Great Devourer, Intergalactic Munchies coming to a planet near you!

+ Reply to Thread