Dark Eldar Prisioner Con-Verts as troops..? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Eldar Prisioner Con-Verts as troops..?

OK I have found sooo little on DE, it is real discouraging.

What draws me to DE is the fact they take prisoners <exceeelllent>. Problem is that I have not seen one thread or comment on the idea that DE could convert some of these 'prisoners' into troops for their own purposes. Fodder if you will.

I love the idea of an IG squad with the fins, spikes, and splinter cannons running across the field to slaughter their friends. Hell, even adding a few Tyranid gaunts (any type) to a Warp beast pack or Beast master controlled squad (on a leash like).

I am planning on keeping a running total of kills and modeling some "Con-verts" to bother my friends who have been trying to get me to play for years. I am more the "ooooh pretty painting!" type than the power games so I should lose a lot starting out, lol.

OK here is the query. Are there rules somewhere for this sort of thing? I see Kroot Mercenaries and Human Helpers for the Tau but can I just convert and play a catachan (sp?) squad or some squigs? Points and power arent the focus, just looking for some cool modeling options and to bug my friends to no end.

Can't wat to get an Avatar powered Talos, and a few Tyrant guards for my Wyche retinue. So if there are rules, where and how much would something like this cost me point wise???

More to come thanks for the time to post.

RedOtter
    defigueroas@prodigy.net

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Unfortunately, there are no such rules. YOu could make some and use them with your opponent's permission, but i doubt anyone would allow them unless they're realllllly expensive pointwise for you.

Usually all the captured ones get tortured to death/sacrificed for the Lords/killed in arenas.

Of course you may use converted IG soldiers or whatever in order to display slaves who were given a gun. Use them as normal warriors, two or three such slaves per squad. If the squads suffer casualties, then you can remove these slave warriors who were thrown into the path of the bullets.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Archon. Also, the DE are a very stuck up people. They believe that they are better than the rest of the scum. They would hate to see their noble troops go into battle alongside these worthless excuses for soldiers. SO it probably wouldn't fit with the character of the race and the army that well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I THINK you could butcher the parts of each model, and make grotesques out of them.

I think it would look awsome to have a grot with the torso of a SM, the head of an Imperial, legs of an Eldar and the arms/claws of some 'nids.

Would that be legal? I would assume so as it still made up of GW models and represents a unit that is supposed to be horrible.

What do you think? (If you like it, I'm gonna do it too. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have some REAL HORRABLE Scratch built (from GM 'bits') Grot's...

If anyone is interested I'll post some pics.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Hey, lasthrsman, you stole my avatar!

Welcome to LO though.

krazy zack:
    Welcome too...some pics would surely be interesting.

jwu

Closed Thread