Dark Eldar Colour Schemes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are your favorite dark eldar color schemes and are there any specialized armies that have special rules within the DE like subdivisions or what not?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best DE color scheme I've ever seen was done by CJ Cummings (Golden Deamon level painter -- see his Slanesh command squad in the big GW Cataloge). It was a Star Wars theme. He painted the warriors as Imperial Stormtroopers, Incubi as Imperial Guard (the red guys), and modified the jetbikes to look like the Imperial speeder bikes from Jedi Strike Back. The Lord was done as (of course) Emperor Palpatine, and there was a Hemi done as Darth Vader. It was brilliant.

My own DE are done in dark metallic blue. Kind of boring, but I like the color.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I painted mine in a Red Gore theme. It is the primary color on every warrior, Wyche and vehicle. Shoulder pads are highlighted in different colors that correspond to their Raider. My Incubi are all black with white face shields. Hence the name "Kabal of Gore" simple yet effective.

Overall on the table they look real good and in mega-battles they stand out nicely. I hate looking at those armys that appear as if the figures where dunked in a paint bottle or everyone has a different primary color and look like they were bought off of ebay.
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue Meanie, you can join my club.
    I like my scheme best, since nobody on this Earth has the same scheme. It's a mix of the old Regal Blue and new Mithril Silver. Since they don't sell the old Regal Blue, I doubt anyone else uses it to paint their army. I drybrush the metallic blue over the model, then paint any blades with boltgun metal. Hair is skull white. Archon/Dracon blades and steel is Shining Gold instead of metal since they are the pimp leaders they deseve better.
    R U 0K!??!? BUHHHHST WUUUULFFFFF!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Kerpal. I just use Tamiya Metallic Blue straight out of the bottle. You can see the color on a conversion I did here:

Twin Reaver VDR

And here on some wyches:

Wyches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I painted my dark elder
    Armour-
    Black undercoat
    Regal blue
    Shadow Grey highlight

Metal-
    Chainmail
    Watered down black ink
    Mithril silver

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so far, i've only begin to paint. my troops are shadow gray and black. looks sweet.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just starting to build my Dark Eldar army, as college has been preventing me from being able to put enough time into it, but I was also planning to go with a blue color scheme.

I was thinking something along the lines of a mix of a deep, dark blue and mithril silver to give the blue a metallic tint. The shoulders and guns would be black, the helmets would be mithril silver ( as well as the spikes) and the hair would be black with deep maroon streaks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use liche purple as a base and highlight it to red. Lots of black parts and as much flesh as possible and converted so they have a nice SM look (not space marines).

Jozef

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i find that shadow grey looks just like blue, but only better, which is why i prefer it over blue.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast