Where Does A Necron Lord Belong In A Destroyer Army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Where Does A Necron Lord Belong In A Destroyer Army?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • With the Destroyers

5 25.00%
  • With the Warriors

15 75.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

Where Does A Necron Lord Belong In A Destroyer Army?

I’m currently building a Destroyer army: 15 Destroyers, 2 Heavy Destroyers, 20 warriors and 1 Monolith (deep striking). Now I’ve received 50/50 comments on where to place my Necron Lord.

One half says ‘place him with the Warriors as they are the most vulnerable and will need the res Orb more.’

The other half says ‘keep him with the Destroyers the Res Orb will keep the 3 squads from merging and keep the 2 seperate Heavy Destroyers alive.’

Help me out?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not much help, but I say it would depend on what your Lith is doing. If you are using it to support your Warriors then put the Lord with the Destroyers because they will still get some decent support from it sans the OrbLord.

If you are DSing that baddie into the enemy ranks my vote would be for keeping the OrbLord slogging with the Warriors.

I guess bottom line for my advice is make sure the Warriors are supported first. Otherwise they will get chewed up well and they account for a great deal of your PO #.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Why with the Destroyers? The Lord is a close combat model, the Destroyers are shooty, with a fantastic range. The ResOrb coverage isnt really needed at all tbh, not even for the Warriors. If you do take a Lord, just keep him at the basic cost. Id say go for a Ctan though... damn HQ requirements. And troop requirements for that matter!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Why with the Destroyers? The Lord is a close combat model, the Destroyers are shooty, with a fantastic range. The ResOrb coverage isnt really needed at all tbh, not even for the Warriors. If you do take a Lord, just keep him at the basic cost. Id say go for a Ctan though... damn HQ requirements. And troop requirements for that matter!
    This, right here.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Destroyer: moves 12 in.
    Lord: moves 6 in.

You would have to make him a d.lord to even keep up with the destroyers, and even then, you're basically spending nearly 200 points for a res orb!

Either give him just a res orb and put him with the warriors, or don't use a res orb...

So... if I gave some daemons a matte paint-job, would they be "Matte Daemons?"
    Necron Tactica: Flying Circus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x4)

Also, destroyers, with their superior move and smaller squad size, have the ability to easier manipulate terrain for cover. They also have superior toughness, which makes them more resilient per model. Warriors are quite slow and you enemy will be able to target them much easier, and if your opponent is concentrating on your PO#, they're probably going to be targeting your warriors.

Basically, I'm with the half that says "place him with the Warriors as they are the most vulnerable and will need the res Orb more."
    My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

With your warriors all the way, or maybe if your building a fast army it looks like (I know your converting your models so this might not work) stick your lord with a veil of darkness and 5 immortals.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything I could have said on this topic has already been said. I'd keep the lord with the warriors and let the destroyers work their magic.

Jroode

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

you could keep him with the destroyers if you want to, just to protect him, but cost wise its better to put him in with the warriors. also, you can DS the monolith and then teleport the warriors with the lord to the monolith to keep up with the speedy destroyers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

Do you think it would be a good idea to give the lord a 'destroyer body' so just in case a demolisher or railguns do show up i can have him tag along, but most of the time he be behind the warriors. I've got 30pts left to spend and it needs to go somewhere?

But will 5th edition effect this will enemy units be able to shoot my lord floating behind my warriors?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast