Welcome to Librarium Online!
i Was playing a vassal game,1.5k points, with my Dark eldars when a spectator started saying i was an idiot for not putting Combat Drugs on my wych succubus with agonisers...Was he right?
-A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
-And always on LO chat..
I can think of better things to do with 25 points, especially when your wytches already have one set of combat drugs.
Actually it's pretty stupid to take a seperate combat drugs on a succubus. You're paying a lot of points for one effect, and if you take two, then it's quite possible that the succubi will kill herself.
"One must do violence to the object of one's desire; when it surrenders, the pleasure is greater."
Marquis De Sade
i also thing the spec was an idiot to say such things.
I have to say, it can be usefull, but then again, there is a big risk of killing the Guy/girl befor even using his weapon, 'cause 25P for 1 effect is to much.
agreed with all above posts, except i don't place anyhting other than weapons on my succubus
Dear Game Developer,Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
As already stated your Succubi comes with drugs as standard but they are randomly chosen by the dice.
So the ‘spectator’ speculates that you should have the choice to pick which one to use just for a lone upgrade model?
That doesn’t make sense on so many levels –
1. The drugs cost more than the model does,
2. The possibility is there of an overdose (as mentioned) and with a single wound model this and point 1 is just too silly to contemplate,
3. The cost of the drugs could buy you 3 extra Wyches, or 3 extra attacks with 3 extra wounds (which Wych would you rather have?),
4. Pushing the points cost above 60 for a single wound, 6+ armour save (against shooting) just seems down right wrong to me!
5. The possibility of conflicting drugs between the rest of the squad and its leader can also happen. For example the squad might be gifted with the 12” charge so your Succubus must take this drug just to keep up plus another to gain anything from their own concoctions.
So guess who the idiot is here? Hmmm.
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
I would not give a succubus a combat drug dispenser. The idea itself isn't terribly wrong but I just don't see the utility as Wicky has nicely pointed out in several ways.
Although, I will say I have seen one person at my local store do it and I just shake my head - to each their own I guess.
Spending 60+ points on a single wound model is beyond ridiculous. I could see giving Combat Drugs to a Sybarite if you had something wicked in mind for him, but even that is pushing it. Save your Combat Drugs for your HQs, thank you very much.
A Combat Drug Dispenser on a Succubus isn't cost effective, for all the reasons listed above. If he/she ODs and dies, you've greatly reduced offensive capabilities of your squad... give her an Agoniser, Plasma Grenades and possibly Haywire grenades (in case you somehow get locked in with a Dreadnought) and call it good.
"Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?
Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.