Ulthwe Strike Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want suggestions on a good 1500 point army list against tau. i know to use a seer council and guardians but how many and what abilities do i give the seer council.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

open up the gate and let 9 war walkers come in and kill everything :ph34r:
    Tau'Va
    "Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all strategem is lost and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost."
    -O'Shovah

<span style='color:red'>Image Removed</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK what works against TAU for USF:

Seer council, with a cherry on top. give it (besides fortune) some ranged attack capability (mind war, destructor) coupled with augment

Dont take banshees, take scorpions if you got the free points, these will devestate fire warrior if they can get close, but you dont necessarily need them

Black Gooniads:

Defenders: OK you got a bit of problem here, give them a warlock with conceal - fine. BUT to weapons platform or not to weapons platform - the guardians themselvs will manage to outshoot tau at 12 inches or less, but in order to get there you are gonna get shot to bits, giving them a weapons platform gives them extra range, but it slows you down - forcing you to take more shooting damage - cos you cant fleet of Foot and the weapons platform will not outshoot a fire warrior squad. Personnaly I would field defenders in one of 2 formats:
    a) lage squad, warlock, no weapons platform - get up close fast and shoot
    small squad with weapons platform - probably wouldnt field as too expensive and ineffective

Stormies: If you can get them close these can cause fire warriors grief, give them a warlock, I would be tempted to take conceal rather than the usual enhance - firstly cos they dont need the enhance, and secondly cos the conceal will give you some protection from incomming. Take flamers if you are exclusively hunting fire warriors or Kroot, take plasma only if you think you cant take out things like crisis suits otherwise

Spiders might b reasonably sucessfull but they are way too expensive

Bikes - forget it

Vypers - give them EML and possibly CTMs

walkers - as someone said these are your principal heavy weapons - EML would be my prefered choice

Reapers- kind of torn on this one - they are gonna be effective but for the points?

so overall my list would be:

Seer council
    2-3 vypers
    3+ walkers

hoards of guardians
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

Reapers are good but I think they&#39;re overkill against Tau.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Reapers are pretty good against suits, but so are starcannons. Give the Exarch and Eldar Missile Laucnher and you can paste tanks and Crisis Commanders (instant kill anyone?) with Krak Missiles, and Fire Warriors with Plasma.

I would think that the &#39;Spear of Khaine&#39; would be fairly effective, pop out a Wraithgate and smash &#39;em to bits&#33;

the guardians themselvs will manage to outshoot tau at 12 inches or less
    No, because of the new rapid fire rules, that Tau would get the same number of shots as the Guardians - 2 each, except the Tau have +1 strength and ignore our save, but we don&#39;t ignore their 4+ ones... But I suppose we do get conceal, and we would probably get the charge, &#39;cause they would rapid fire.
    I would go with storm squads and get into combat, coupled wiht the Spear of Khaine, if you got to combat you would probably win. Scorpions are good, but Banshees may be good as well, seeing as Tau have fairly good saves, and are mainly toughness 3.

Bikes - Warlock in the squad with Destructor would waste Fire Warriors like there&#39;s no tomorrow, bit pricey though.

Vypers with Bright Lances are a must against Hammerheads, as they will waste your hordes of Guardians. Crisis suits are a good target after that, because you instant kill them. Don&#39;t know if its worth giving them pricey upgrades like CTM though...

War Walkers with Starcannons are pretty good

Rangers could be good as Tau don&#39;t have the best Leadership ever, allowing you to pin them and stop them firing. If they have an Ethereal then it may be a waste, but then again that may be a good target for your Rangers.

Embolden is you friend. If the Tau player is smart he will jsut try to kill you by forcing you to take morale checks, like 75% and 50% casaulties ones. <_< damn, I hate tactical retreat.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is almost two weeks old, but a question has been plaguing me lately on this issue:

No, because of the new rapid fire rules, that Tau would get the same number of shots as the Guardians - 2 each, except the Tau have +1 strength and ignore our save, but we don&#39;t ignore their 4+ ones...
    Our assault weapons are NERFED, since Defenders aren&#39;t exactly kitted out for CC. What do we do? Do we just switch to Storm Guardians? Do we act cheesy and use the Guardians as meatshields for a Heavy Weapons Platform? As if tactical withdrawal wasn&#39;t a pain in the ass already, now they gotta make rapid fire weapons able to do the same shooting as assault 2 weapons...any suggestions? I&#39;ve been playing with the old rules with these guys, so...a few ideas would be nice.
    OMFG1337&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;111one

Closed Thread