RL Pulse Rifle Dimensions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x4)

RL Pulse Rifle Dimensions

So I'm going to Portcon (anime/gaming convention in Maine, USA) as a Fire Warrior, and I'm framing the NERF Longshot CS-6 to look like a pulse carbine. Problem is, I don't know how big the pulse rifle actually is in real life, so I was wondering if anyone had any idea? Things like length, width, height (of gun), dimensions of the scope and of the butt would be handy.

My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

It's 3 feet long and really skinny down the barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by lLonginus View Post
    So I'm going to Portcon (anime/gaming convention in Maine, USA) as a Fire Warrior, and I'm framing the NERF Longshot CS-6 to look like a pulse carbine. Problem is, I don't know how big the pulse rifle actually is in real life, so I was wondering if anyone had any idea? Things like length, width, height (of gun), dimensions of the scope and of the butt would be handy.

Sorry I can't really help you.... but dude..... your seriously a total hero.

Post some pictures of the finished costume.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I did a rough size ratio comparison and the pulse rifle is ibsenly long. Its about the height of a fire warrior if not more. thats about 1.7 metres tall. Its about 2 and a half cm wide. And about 20 cm tall. Its practicly a plank of wood.

But the actual uniform is easy to make with the exception of the helmet. The torso can be made out of one piece of cardboard cut to size and with a hole in the middle for the head. the leg pads are eaisy and so is the antenne shoulder pads, knee pads. The only thing I can't do is the helmet. And you'd have 2D visson due to the Tau inexplicably having the eye sensor thinys on the left. but my left eye is the dominant one so thats not much of a problem for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x4)

My measurements came out to about 57" long, 2.5" wide, and 7.5" tall for the barrel. Yeah, it's a big gun. I'm actually going to be making everything out of high density styrofoam. Making blueprints for myself based off of the models is very tedious work though, so far I have sketches for the helmet, backpack, antenna, shoulderpads and chest. Still gotta do stuff for the chest sides and back, as well as top, and then the thigh pads, knee pads, ammo pouches, crotch and butt armour, and figure out something for the boots. No hooves though, I'm doing regular boots until next PortCon at least. Figuring out durability, stability and comfort for those would just be ridiculous. Oh, I need to do gauntlets, grenades, sensor equipment and bonding knife too. Lot of work, wish me luck.
    My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Tankmaster View Post
    Well, I did a rough size ratio comparison and the pulse rifle is ibsenly long. Its about the height of a fire warrior if not more. thats about 1.7 metres tall. Its about 2 and a half cm wide. And about 20 cm tall. Its practicly a plank of wood.

But the actual uniform is easy to make with the exception of the helmet. The torso can be made out of one piece of cardboard cut to size and with a hole in the middle for the head. the leg pads are eaisy and so is the antenne shoulder pads, knee pads. The only thing I can't do is the helmet. And you'd have 2D visson due to the Tau inexplicably having the eye sensor thinys on the left. but my left eye is the dominant one so thats not much of a problem for me.
    What the hell? Fire warriors are no where near 1.7 meters tall. Fire warriors are 4 feet tall dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by lLonginus View Post
    Lot of work, wish me luck.
    Consider luck wished upon you! Lots and lots of the best kind of luck there is!

EDIT: I'm just checking your dimensions (I don't work well with all these metric units) and 7.5"/~20cm seems a bit big for the height of the gun. I'm not basing this on any calculations mind you, it just... I dunno, anything higher than 15cm/6" seems too big. As does the 2.5" for the barrel

Would this picture help at all? No idea if it's to scale, or if you can get any measurements from it... Come to think of it, it does look like that barrel is pretty high...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Deadstar_MRC; May 23rd, 2008 at 05:47. Reason: Dimension check...
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats the point, I was doing it ratioed to me. The Pulse rifle is about as tall as a fire warrior so I made it as tall as me.

How will you make your shoulder pad? Mine was not to scale i made it smaller as it just would have felt weird to have a massive pad on my shoulder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x4)

Well as I said, I'm making everything using high density styrofoam and parts. I was going to have all of this over my urban military fatigues, as that's the basic color for the cloth on my fire warriors. I was going to attach two straps to the shoulderpad, one where the shoulderpad meets my elbow and the other where it meets my shoulder. I had also considered using a sort of clip/button device at the shoulder so it wouldn't slide down/around. I think the clip/button arrangement will allow less movement for the pad, which I think will be good since that large shoulderpad will want to swing underneath my arm, and I want it to stay on top. Gotta finish my blueprints first, and then I'm starting on the helmet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by onlainari
    Fire warriors are 4 feet tall
    Seriously? Because my models are telling me that a Fire Warrior and a Space Marine in the same stance are the same height...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast