Dark Eldar HQ on skyboards - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Eldar HQ on skyboards

new to dark eldar and the HQ on skyboard seems like a decent option, but can it be used well tactically?
    has anyone had any sucess using it?

help appreciated

The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

I will occasionally give it to a 2nd HQ choice like a Haemonculus or something. It gets him to move the furthest and still get to fire his destructor template. The save is decent so its pretty good for the price.

I will not use it for the 1st HQ choice as it isn't the best setup for my style of play. I prefer the HQ choice starting on a Raider, either with a retinue or better yet just as an add-on to an existing unit. This provides the longest charge radius a lord can achieve - 12" move on the raider, 2" disembark move, d6" fleet of foot and if he is alone he can take the 12" charge drug = 27 to 32" charge range.

As for the skyboard - I do not allow fleet of foot or the 12" charge drug to be a legal option. At my store we believe that the Lord is strapped on the board and he doesn't get off. If Hellions cannot fleet or use the 12" charge drug then why should our Lord? (and they are merely wyches on boards anyway, if they can't fleet then nobody can).

So it comes down to you asking your gaming group or store manager what they think - it they say go for it then your golden. For me, even if it was legal, I still think a lone HQ lord is more useful on foot and now that 5th edition will let raiders pick up anyone I see my lord charging from one end of the board to the other - gasp, maybe scaling nets might have a purpose now!;?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers for that.
    probably stick an Archon with my raider squad and have a couple of heamonculi flying around causing havoc.
    they look more like the green goblin anyway (yes im a spiderman nerd)
    The statement below is true
    The statement above is false

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Its okay to do it, try out the lord on a skyboard and see if the gaming group has a tizzy or not. If the let you then you pretty much got one of the all-around fastest and strongest close combat god in the game.

*Imagines putting an Archite on a skyboard...does that mean I get to wych dodge too?...*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

If somehow maneged to get to the "40K - Chapter Approved - 2nd Book of Astronomican" stuff, and there it says, that an Archith on an skyboard looses his dodge.

Some Questions to those not letting the lord on skyboard fleet on foot, are you allowing the lord to fall back, or deep strike? 'cause that are cleary rules of the hellions and not of the skyboard.

also fleet on foot is not allowed for hellions and not for models on a skyboard.

I let him fleet on foot and let him charge 12" but his not allowed to fall back or deep strike.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_irish View Post
    If somehow maneged to get to the "40K - Chapter Approved - 2nd Book of Astronomican" stuff, and there it says, that an Archith on an skyboard looses his dodge.

Some Questions to those not letting the lord on skyboard fleet on foot, are you allowing the lord to fall back, or deep strike? 'cause that are cleary rules of the hellions and not of the skyboard.

also fleet on foot is not allowed for hellions and not for models on a skyboard.

I let him fleet on foot and let him charge 12" but his not allowed to fall back or deep strike.
    I think that the point is here that when the rules are debatable the game will run much more smoothly when you claim the least amount of benefit and I am sure that Kwi will agree that during a game the act of dragging out the book can get very ugly quickly.

As it has been stated before, the Fleet on a Board is allowable by RAW but very heavily intimated by GW as flying in the face of common sense. (If you want the full blown RAW line I can oblige but this may not convince your opponent when they are looking at a visual impossibility on the table.)

And the “*Imagines putting an Archite on a skyboard...does that mean I get to wych dodge too?...*” I believe is covered the rules in the Codex for Archites.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by wickywacky1 View Post

As it has been stated before, the Fleet on a Board is allowable by RAW but very heavily intimated by GW as flying in the face of common sense.
    And I suppose it's common sense to roll for distance when assaulting with a skyboard archon into cover?
    "One must do violence to the object of one's desire; when it surrenders, the pleasure is greater."

Marquis De Sade

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by mika View Post
    And I suppose it's common sense to roll for distance when assaulting with a skyboard archon into cover?
    If you talking fleet here then yes, why not?

Since they assault just like normal troops they get to fleet D6 just like normal troops with that ability.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by wickywacky1 View Post
    If you talking fleet here then yes, why not?

Since they assault just like normal troops they get to fleet D6 just like normal troops with that ability.
    I mean that if a skyboard lord cannot use fleet and drugs couse it is " heavily intimated by GW as flying in the face of common sense" then it's also against common sense to roll for distance when assaulting into difficult terrain.
    "One must do violence to the object of one's desire; when it surrenders, the pleasure is greater."

Marquis De Sade

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Its not the drugs that cause the problem as all jump infantry assault on foot, its fleet.

The idea is that the skyboard replaces your legs for movement (i.e so you are getting a flatout 12" from the board in stead of 6" + fleet) but by RAW you can fly 12", somehow mange to fleet and then land an assault 12" due to drugs.

How can you fleet in midair?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast