Blasts and 5th - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blasts and 5th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

Blasts and 5th

With the new blast rules coming in it changes the power of a couple of units.

Zoanthroapes now become better as every shot will now hit somewhere every time, unless you are doing a full power shot, which is the only thing to be able to hurt a monolith at range. So you can probably expect to see a few more of them in my lists, mainly for the blast shot.

Firing a barbed strangler into a target you are about to assault is now very dangerous as it could easily move right over your troops doing a lot of damage to yourself.

Warrior with death spitters. There has been a lot of talk of these guys with the new rules. As yet i'm not sold as them all firing as a barage is a little hit or miss for my tastes, plus if you but they will definatly be getting a try out when i go to play these new rules.

Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to mention, Biovores just got a bit more effective with their small template. Furthering the cause of Biovores, according to the rumors, troops can only run if there's no enemy within 12". Spore mines would prevent that, so they're almost as useful missing as hitting.
    Farseer Faolain of Craftworld Tuathana
    Overlord of Hive Fleet Shoggoth
    See my projects and tutorials at: http://awakeningynnead.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good to me.

I already run a squad of warriors with death spitters in my list along with a couple of zoanthropes... so if they are going to become more effective, I like the sound of that...means I don't have to make as many changes as I thought I might.
    Hive Fleet Ouragan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Yeah, I already run a full brood of Spitter Warriors myself. Though I might now consider switching out the venom cannon for a barbed strangler.

Another point:
    The venom cannon may be taking a hit, making Sniperfexes less attractive, but I think the alleged new blast rules will balance it out, if not make it slightly better. Scattering a S8 blast might be a bit better than hit or miss at BS3.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the changes to scattering I may be fielding 3 elite carnifexes armed with nothing but a barbed strangler and scything talons. They will have the advantage of range and higher strength over dakkafexes with pinning as well, but them being less accurate could be their undoing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

159 (x5)

Itonly becomes worthwhile if you believe you can average 6 hits with the barbed strangler as this is what oyu would be getting with the dev's. I think that is a tough ask
    Dear Game Developer,
    Signed Scissors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing that has me concerned is that when you move and shoot with a blast weapon, it will scatter 2d6 instead of one. this might have awful effects for warriors since you want to keep them moving up for synapse and CC support. And I also heard rumours about MC 's only being able to fire 1 weapon..
    no more 2x devourer tyrant

Hive Fleet Lucanus : 2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Don't forget that there's no need to take any enchanted senses on warriors armed with deathspitters.

They can kinda just shoot their bogies randomly hoping to hurt someone. I like that idea.

We're lucky though, as we're not famed for our high BS. Poor marines really suffer now that they have to shoot like orks after all their special training.

heh heh.

Oh wait, I play Chaos too.

*cries*
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

159 (x5)

The most up to date rumours as i have read are that is is 2d6-BS moving or not. MC's may still fire 2 weapons on the move, hence their restrictions have not changed. Also as i have heard right from the start of these rumours is the blasts are being fired as a barrage.

How will this effect everyone's kit out from a purely theoretical standpoint (ie. i haven't played this way and you guys probably haven't either) as their are a few variables that i can think of just for starters such as.

Twin Link - will you use it as it affords a re-reroll of both the scatter+2d6'ers.

+1 BS - more chance of a direct and an inch less scatter with every shot.

Barbed Strangler - This shoots out a larger shot. What this means is that since the other shots link off the edge of one another then if they link off the edge of this shot they might miss the main target as the BS could take up most of the target. Alternatively if you think you will get a scatter it means that you can have a 5 inch scatter and still hit you main target with one or more of the other blsts off the side of it.

+1 S - more damage. doesn't change the shooting style, but it can affect who you shoot and how much damage you do so i felt i'd list it. Also a STR 6 weapon in our arsenal won't go astray in attacking vehicles. Somehting we might have a problem with.

I think first thing i will be trying will be a squad with 1 TW which i will fire first, then fire rest to link off it as i have more chance to re-roll either the first large miss, or perhaps the first hit in an attempt to get a very small scatter, which might land in a position to do more damage.
    Dear Game Developer,
    Signed Scissors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that sounds like a neat idea! (although I can already hear the cries of cheese!) I guess you'd have to determine beforehand which of the shots would be the twin-linked one (the first one or the # of the shot in the sequence)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast