Cheap Warrior Build - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheap Warrior Build

I was thinking about cheap, but effective warrior builds and some uses for them.

So far, the best I have come up with was a warrior that comes "four to a dollar." It would have extended carapace, rending claws, and spinefists. What I was thinking was to use this unit as a cheap counter assault unit. You could have four of them that are semi-resilient, can essentially engage with anything if the need to and hurt it because of their rending claws and they can even shoot if they need to, hitting almost 50% of the time which is not horrible.

I really like the idea of these guys backing up fexes and preparing to charge deepstriking units that land behind the line.

I would love to hear cheap warrior builds that you have thought of or, even better yet, tried out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

yours is a little odd as you're paying points for rending and not taking talons. plus those spinefists are at BS 2. its better to align your upgrades to a specific role to get the most out of them. my build is:

-devourer
    -carapace
    -+1 BS
    -talons (1 out of three have lash)

these guys have some strong anti-infantry and the lash allows them to take the power out of units that charge them. they also support my gaunts and if they charge, the warriors charge to make the target less able to fight back.

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x4)

Not so cheap as either of those, but it has the "effective" part down pat.

Warrior
    Twin-Linked Devourers
    Enhanced Senses
    Toxin Sacs

-35pts

Is more expensive than either of the others (considerably more so in the case of HiveJive's warrior) but it is THE warrior build for taking out infantry. Adding Extended Carapace is also a useful addition against many armies or when terrain is not going to be abundant, but that pushes the cost up a bit.

Going too cheap can (I think) be as counter productive as spending too much on them, as you will end up with inferior weaponry for ranged warriors and inferior speed for the close combat ones.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be quite honest, I think 35pts each is far too expensive for a "cheap" Warrior, and Lash Whips aren't that great lol its only if they're in base contact. Try:

Warrior
    +Extended Carapace
    +Rending Claws
    +Spinefists
    =21pts

Spinefists re-roll to hit dice, so BS2 is fine. Rending Claws is nasty in CC and should make your enemy think twice about getting near them. Extended Carapace - Warrior's have always had less armour than I think they should, being able to save 50% of the time may make it that much easier to survive in melee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by MindWar
    Warrior
    +Extended Carapace
    +Rending Claws
    +Spinefists
    =21pts
    Lies, this Warrior costs 25 points.

Personally, I take large squads of Warriors with only Scything Talons and Rending Claws, a point shy of the above setup, and have them follow large squads of gaunts into close combat. I may start fielding Beardy_Weirdy's preferred variant though, it sounds quite appealing.
    My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL actually its 23. It hasn't got TS so cheap weapons =]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x4)

No, it's 25. Someone back me up here with their codex, Warrior + Rending Claws + Spinefists + Extended Carapace = 25 points.
    My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

Math is soooo difficult guys :drinking:

25 points.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Beardy_Wierdy View Post
    Not so cheap as either of those, but it has the "effective" part down pat.

Warrior
    Twin-Linked Devourers
    Enhanced Senses
    Toxin Sacs

-35pts

Is more expensive than either of the others (considerably more so in the case of HiveJive's warrior) but it is THE warrior build for taking out infantry. Adding Extended Carapace is also a useful addition against many armies or when terrain is not going to be abundant, but that pushes the cost up a bit.

Going too cheap can (I think) be as counter productive as spending too much on them, as you will end up with inferior weaponry for ranged warriors and inferior speed for the close combat ones.
    Additionally, as other codexes get more expensive and 'elite' in nature, this build of warrior becomes a more viable option I reckon.

Certainly there are few people who like this set up, and even add wings to the mix too.

The 'free' synapse of warriors is also very helpful to the swarm. With wings they can get the support where it's needed.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL actually its 23. It hasn't got TS so cheap weapons =]
    Wow. And I'm doing maths at school. lol

Sorry everyone!!! ><

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast