New Necron army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Necron army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Necron army

I'm pretty new to the 40k universe, and I wanted to create a 1000 point Necron army.

The most obvious choice to me is two Necron Warriors troops.

Otherwise, I'm not sure where to go, so could I have some suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

There is a magical little posing section for this sort of thing "army lists" located at the top of the page.

For 1k, first suggestion is two sqauds of 3 destroyers (each) fill in the rest with whatever you feel to your liking. 5 Scarabs and 5 immortals would do nicely I think.

Welcome to LO btw and to the crimson harvest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for replying!
    So basically, I should study my codex, and manipulate my units based on their points and what kind of army I want?

And what is thought of the C'tan? After searching, I have found that nobody has a C'tan in their army, and only a few have a monolith.
    Last edited by The Green Meep; May 29th, 2008 at 05:22.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Hey and welcome to LO and the fantastic magical land of Necrons.

I would first suggest checking out some of the great articles written in the Necron Index
    and second yes a C'tan is a great idea! I often use the Deciever (the often better choice) in games over 1500 points.

Feel free to post all your questions here.

Good luck.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

To begin, your best bet is to grab a Cron Battleforce and a Lord on foot. That gives you about 800pts i think, and can be boosted to 1K with an Immortal unit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Yes, C'tans and Liths are nice, but both better saved for 1500pts games... At 1000pts you should be looking at Warriors, Destroyers and maybe Immotals. Of course you need your Lord too... Welcome to the LO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it be possible for me to make an effective Wraith Army in 1000 points?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Well I don't have much experience with wraiths but I would say yeah you can do it at 1000 points. Although they would work best at 1500.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Ofcourse it is

DLord with Scythe (keep him cheap)
    2 x 3 Wraiths
    Scarab unit
    2x 10 Warriors
    1/2 x5 Flayed Ones, and Immortals if possible

CC Crons Actually a pretty good army, and most people dont expect it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something I found out after a few games is that our standard lists work best when we have a solid body of warriors.

When I first started out, I would have min squads of warriors and just proxy Destroyers and Immortals (I was just starting out) to fill up the rest of my points.

I didn't do so well though until I started taking a lot more warriors. Right now my usual amount in 1500 is 40 Warriors, Which is almost have my army in troops right off the bat.

So at least my strategy is for the Warriors to be the main block of my army, with most of the other elements supporting the Warriors.

Also, since your just starting out 2 invaluable pieces of wargear are the Rez orb and Veil of Darkness. Some people like the flying circus (10 Immortals and a Lord with a VoD), but I like it just so that on the last turn I can deepstrike a squad of 20 warriors on the objective. It makes fulfilling objectives a lot easier.

The Rez orb isn't completely necessary, and depending on your opponent might even be a waste of points *cough* Tau *cough*, but in most situations it's invaluable (although keep in mind, only power weapons and str 10 weapons can deny Immortals and Destroyers WB.

Wraiths are tricky, because they die very easy. Basically, to most weapons in the game, they are as easy to kill as Warriors once you have them in Line of Sight. Keep them out of line of sight, and assault heavy weapon squads or easy to kill units. My main problem with them is that without assistance (D. Lord) they will die horribly to other armies CC squads. Then again, I've never tried running 9 of them into a single squad, that might do the trick.

Keep in mind though that 9 Wraiths is 360 points running into a squad that will all honesty
    probably be worth less. If they didn't kill it then there would be a problem.

C'tans have a problem of killing enough to justify their point cost. There are two ways they can make back their points, killing, and the enemies redirected firepower. In most cases though if they die that's a lot of points going away. If they don't die, they will still have a hard time being worth it. On the bright side they can be really fun, especially the Deciever (use his fallback to move quickly across the field wherever you want him to be on their turn so you can get another charge on your turn).

I don't know much about monoliths, I don't take them myself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast