Cult of Slaanesh 40k style - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cult of Slaanesh 40k style

Being that I am a huge fan of all things Slaaneshi, and am trying to work up the funds for a small Cult of Slaanesh fantasy army, I figured why should I be forced to play FB to get my CoS fix, when I could just bang up a custom army list? Obviously it wouldn't be legal or anything, but I really would like to have a good custom army that allows me a blend of Dark Eldar (Wych Cult, specifically), Chaos Space Marines (Noise Marines and their ilk), and a few Daemons (mostly just Daemonettes).

The trick is, how would one go about balancing the options? Should the Space Marines count as Troops or Elites? Should Daemonettes count as Troops, Fast, or Elites? Should I allow a Keeper of Secrets, or just limit it to Heralds?

I knocked around the idea of just taking 1,000 pts Wych Cult army and a 500 pt Noise Marine army and 500 pt Daemons of Slaanesh army, but I really couldn't get anything except their basic Troops choices. I'd really like to be able to include Seekers, Raptors (with the Mark of Slaanesh) and possibly even some sort of 40k version of the Druchii Annointed.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

I would say rather than try and come up with your own combination of the armies just use a Dark Eldar army with an allied contingent of Chaos Marines using the inquisition rules (1 HQ, 1 elite, 2 troops, 1 fast attack, for every troop choice you can take a single non troop choice) and then I would suggest instead of using actual daemonettes just use the generic daemon statline from chaos marines codex with daemonette models.

Sure you still need permission to do it, but if you explained it to me that way instead of "my homebrew army list that mixes 3 different codexes into one" I would be far more inclined to say go for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

well it wouldn't be very fluffy..seeing slaanesh is the DE's worst enemy, but if you don't care..go for it
    -A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

+ Reply to Thread