O'shovah - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O'shovah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd just like to know what you guys think of Commander Farsight. Do you take him? What do you think of his restrictions? Do you use the ork fighter upgrade? or is he just a complete waste of points?
    And also how many points do you need to field O'Shovah?

We strike like lightning, fast and deadly

In the shadows you will only find death

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are atleast 3 other topics on this, one of which I started. Check those before posting a new topic. They have all the info you need.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If using O'shova i always use another Shas'o and sometimes give them both bodyguards give all types of suits ork fighter and keep the army 1500 or under and he will work wonders...the restrictions for me don't really hurt much, i mean im krootless anyhow and you couldn't really take more broadsides then your restricted to, cause if you did then your army points go up and in my oppinion the smaller the army the better O'shova is :blink: Oh and if thats a question at the bottem he can go in any points army :lol:
    Awwww no I opened my drawer and took out some old warhammer models then tried too put them back in and close the drawer but couldn't, damn the stupid black hole = free OOP models for Brettonia due too not being able too squeeze them back in my drawer >_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Polar for all your info, I&#39;m thinking about getting him and wondered wheter the £15 is worth it.
    Sorry Bad roller I forgot to check
    We strike like lightning, fast and deadly

In the shadows you will only find death

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay oshovha is utterly expernsive for his points. but he&#39;s sometimes worth it. bad things inculde the fact that he cant take swuads of pathefinders mroe than one same with broadsides. but hes worth it in C. but the lack of kroot makes his CC abilties a waste. i mean why would you assault with one model,. if he could take krrot hed be worth it, but stay with Aun-shi hes almostg as good ands he doesnt have any restrictions...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

compelet and utter wast of points if you ask me
    Quote of the week: &quot;dude, for a whole hour, i would fall asleep&#33;&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah what i said except conciser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

farsight ids the worst possible hero you could EVER take. at a whopping 215 points, you get a cc tank killer that disallows you to use some of the most critical troops in your army; Auns(not THAT critical), drones, kroot, and only one f*cking broadside team. farsight sucks even more because if they turn a couple of lascannons on you, farsight dies nd you&#39;ll anadvetably lose the battle with no more tank killers. in short, youd have to be INSANE :blink: to get farsight

orc fighter isn&#39;t that good anyway <:>
    your corage was great. but you have no reeal purpose for fighting as we have the greater good. - Shas&#39; O&#39; Mien to surrendering gue&#39;la commander

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont use any kroot, or need more that one Broadside team(if you NEED more than 3 broadsides in a 1500 pt or less amry, your tactics need help) or need more than 1 squad of pathfinders in a 1500 pt army. Plus I only use 1 drone squad, which is there to fill points, and now that I have railrifle patherfinders, they&#39;ll probably be gone.

Basically if O&#39;shovah fits your tactics, and you want an army thats a fun challenge that CAN still win, its worth testing out, even if you let a regualr Crisis stand in for O&#39;shovah if your oppnent allows(keeps you from buying O&#39;shovah).

an O shovah army might not be as effective as a regular Tau army, but if your only concern is winning, why not play eldar and grab a couple hundred Wraithlords.

People use to playing against Tau aren&#39;t going to expect to face ANY cc trouble, unless you have kroot. And even then, kroot arent the cc Gods people claim they are. With an O&#39;shovah, youve got a very nice suprise, and with orc fighter, maybe a few more smaller suprises for the assault hungry enemy.

farsight sucks even more because if they turn a couple of lascannons on you, farsight dies nd you&#39;ll anadvetably lose the battle with no more tank killers
    If you&#39;re dumb enough to 1)bring O&#39;shovah as A tank killer and 2) Not get any other tank killers(Crisis suits, Hammer heads, Broadsides), you deserve to lose horribly. Plus, ANYTHING in our army will die with a couple of lascannons shooting at them, ANYTHING. Use O&#39;shovah like a crisis suit, use cover, only come out when assaulting or shooting, then get out of there.

Basically, dont dismiss O&#39;Shovah until you haev tried him yourself, just because a few players without experience with him say he sucks, dont negate him as a choice for your army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m not quite clear on the rules for O&#39;shovah fighting a vehicle - if he charges, does he get 5 attacks at it, all with the 2d6 + 5 upgrade?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast