Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armour Saves

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Uzi-99 
#1 ·
I was wondering why tyranid AP's suck so much? looking through the codex i found the best was 4 (disregarding warpblast). It just oesnt feel right that my T4 necron warriors get an armour save against a ST8 weapon fired by the Tyrant...

#2 ·
The high AP weapons are only found on the heavy support Biovores get the bio acid spore mine which seems to inaccurate for me. going with random direction flamer template seems pretty lucky if you hit them.

Other good AP is found on zoan's. and of course warp blase on HT. Warp blast seems like the nid's psychic Lascannon ?

All the rest of the weapons can be given to troops choices so maybe that's why they have such crappy AP.

That could also reinforce the idea that Nids make a better assaulting army since they have such crappy weapons.

#4 ·
Listic and NightSorrow got it pretty spot on...

Besides, it's not just the crappy AP, but the short ranges as well. Tyranids are just meant to get the small creatures into CC so that the nasty creatures get into CC and rip the enemy into itty-bitty little pieces, not shoot their enemy to death. ;)

Which is no reason to ignore Tyranid ranged capability! As I've said previously, there are things which pure-CC just can't hack... B)

It just doesnt feel right that my T4 necron warriors get an armour save against a ST8 weapon fired by the Tyrant...
--- Even if they get the saves, those that don't won't get WBB... Unless there's a lord nearby.. ^-^;

#6 ·
Originally posted by Exterminatus-Squeebie@May 11 2004, 21:25
Besides, Hive Tyrants don't deserve Guns. Think about it, one of the most harsh Combat Stats in the games, and crap BS. What do you go for? :p
--- Enhanced Senses... Then VCannon for ranged Tyrants or WBlast for CC ones. B)

#9 ·
I figured it out!!!!! Sure youd have to recalculate points, fluff, and if it would really work, but the ap of the gun should be determined by the armor save of the creature. The hive mind feels that that way if it goes against something even to itself, which it probably will, it has the ability to take it out. Sure you would add some plusses and minuses into the gun, because im sure the bugs wouldnt be more powerful or what not, or would they? Anyways, just my thoughts, and it works and it makes sense. Although im sure people would complaining about giving the equivalant for a hive tyrant to shoot three krak missile equivalants, the points would go up like woah. Maybe make it a mutation or something. Sorry, just pasting out thoughts.

#10 ·
Well, they already made a huge impact with the VC's only glancing hit thing. Umm, but what if I made my Armor save 2+? That would mean that my Venom Cannon would take out Terminators. A tyrant and 2 carnifexes with VC could take out most of the 5 squad terminators. VC is already overpriced, I dont want the points to go higher.

#16 ·
Unless the 'Stealers get shot to mush before ever reaching CC... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.