Tactica Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactica Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so with the way we&#39;re set up in the Eye of Terror Campaign, we can only make war on the borders of the Tau Empire - which, much though I hate to say it, *does* make sense for a race without long-range warp jump capability that&#39;s over 10 000 light years from the Eye itself. <_<

This would seem to mean there isn&#39;t all that much point in strategy - deciding where exactly we&#39;re going to attack once the Campaign kicks off. On the other hand, there is *definitely* cause to look at Tactics.

I&#39;ve read Battle Reports with Tau butchering their opponents, and some where Tau get annihilated, and though that&#39;s of course partly due to the way the opponent plays, it takes two commanders to get a massacre.

Hence, hopefully this will be a place where we can share tactics, things *not* to do, opinions on army composition and such for the upcoming Campaign.

Personally, my armies tend to lean heavily towards massed battle-suits, and have a fairly good record of butchering Tyranids, most Space Marines/Chaos Space Marines, Guard and On-foot-Orks.

Black Templar are the most dangerous Space Marines against Tau in my opinion - the fact that if they break they speed up being particularly irritating when one is trying to stop them from hitting your lines, although this can be fairly easily countered by simply obliterating them one squad at a time.

Speed Freeks are my weakness (as I&#39;ve mentioned elsewhere), so any suggestions for how to take down a Force-fielded, Mega-armour/Burnaboy, Grot-rigged and Extra-Armour-plated force would be welcome...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

shoot em alot and if you destroy their transports they then are destroyed when they fall back
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the most important things is not to fight other Tau players cause all well be doing is hurting our own empire.

Tatcics I use is a traditional balanced army with some tanks, some suits and a backbone of firewarriors. It works well and I have done okay for myself against all types of armies.
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, band together for the greater good.

Played a blood angles guy recently. Death company rhino woth overcharged engines and auto black rage is not fun. Powerfists in broardsides in turn one

They are the worst to play against as tau.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played a dark elf wych cult army. The mission was called last stand. They were on all sides of me while I was in the middle bottom. They were able to assualt in the first turn. It got uglier from there. The wych cult seems to have all these nasty extra rules like lowering your ws. In hth my guys were worse than usual having to role a 5+ any time I was in a fight. Needless to say the game was over quick. I felt raped. :blink: A learners experience there was not much I could do.
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y...ess... I think its safe to conclude that on a smallish map - shy of some extremely freaky dice rolls - against fast-moving assaulty armies, we&#39;re pretty much toast.

On the *other* hand... I made an interesting discovery today. My local club has been doing some modelling for the EoT thing, and they&#39;ve made some Tank Traps...

Exactly Forty Five seconds later I challenged a certain Speed Freek army to a game, which just-so-happened to be on a map with... you guessed it... Tank Traps.

Five turns later, his army was taken apart. There is something curiously... satisfying about watching Speed Freek Boyz having to get out of their Trukks and walk into the teeth of a Tau force... and while Broadsides have a ball obliterating bereft Trukks, the rest of the line simply fires into the Boyz and makes them break... and that&#39;s that

Blood Angels and Dark Eldar I can take (although that last stand mission might give me nightmares for a while). Speed Freeks... well, now I can make them get out and walk... :rolleyes:

Step Right Up&#33; Lay Right Down&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found using small squads of Fire Warriors worked very well against Eldar,

4 Troop Choices

6 Fire Warriors - 1 EMP 6 Photon Grenades All Pulse Rifles
    6 Fire Warriors - 0 EMP 6 Photon Grenades All Pulse Rifles
    6 Fire Warriors - 0 EMP 6 Photon Grenades All Pulse Rifles
    6 Fire Warriors - 1 EMP 6 Photon Grenades 3 Pulse Rifles 3 Pulse Carbines

I also used a squad of Gun Drones on their own and they did better as a squad than when they are with a squad of fire warriors, i took about 6

move one team of fire warriors maybe the group with one of the emp grenades to attract tanks while you position the other squads around it. when the men get out of the tank make sure they are far enough away for an assault use you pulse carbines of your GD&#39;s first because they can retreat if needed during the assault phase but they may pin the squad that just got out of the rhino or wave rider or whatever it is and then if pinned or not fire all you got. This really worked for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played in a pre EOT RTT and did okay. Played two dark angels army and a Undivided Chaos Army. 1200 points on 4 by 4 tables. It was interesting. I lost my first game to a DA player whom I wiped out his squads but I couldnt seem to hit his dread and annihilator with lascannons. My broadsides missed 4 turns in a row and then were wiped out in the last. Very bad. I played Chaos next and really beat down on them. Got first turn and blew up his defiler, broadside rolled much better. And tied the last DA player for table quarters.
    I find with small battles and tell me what you think that first turn is much more important. The first battle he had first turn and destroyed my hammerhead and crew stuned my devilfish which remained stunned the entire game. It seems its hard to fight back if you go second. If you got more points it seems you can have things help out other stuff if it gets blown up. Just some thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can anyone give me any tips for the best hardpoint combination for a crisis suit in a battlesuit heavy army? (ie. missilepod, plasmarifle, multitracker)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your looking for heavy crisis your going to have to sacrifice range. Give him a Multi-Tracker and and Plasma Rifle and Fusion Blaster or, You could give him Twin Linked Fusion Blasters and a Shield Generator. Fusion Blaster is good as long as you get within 18" of them and get 6" to a tank they are as good as toast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast