New taktics in 5Edit - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

New taktics in 5Edit

Thought i would make a gererell "new Taktics in 5Edit" thread so we can discuss sererall small taktics without opening new threads all the time.

So here are two things i like about 5 Edition.

Dark Eldar jetbikes now officially get the D6" movement in the assault phase, and through turboboost they gain a 3+ cover save, now isen't that sweet XD

The next thing i have to doublecheck tomorrow again, so here is what i read in the new Rulebook today(yes i had it in my hand and it's a load of goodness):
    troopes coming down in Deep striking open toped transporters (I think only DE have such vehicles) can now disembark in the same turn, but may not move. it says nothing about fleet or assault XD

So now we can through our raiders and hagashin direkt on top of the opponend..... 8X

so what do yous say to that? can anyone confime that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_irish View Post
    ...troopes coming down in Deep striking open toped transporters (I think only DE have such vehicles) can now disembark in the same turn, but may not move. it says nothing about fleet or assault XD
    Units may "run" or shoot but may not assault - disembarking is huge!

So now we can through our raiders and hagashin direkt on top of the opponend..... 8X
    Are you talking about the "Deepstrike Mishap Table"? Happens when you land on top of any unit (friend or foe), difficult, dangereous or impassable terrain and off the board. Roll the die to see what happens to them.

33% you die outright
    33% your enemy gets to place you where they want you
    33% you go back into your reserves and roll again next turn.

Its kinda "orkish" but you got a 66% chance of the squad actually landing on the table rather than destroyed outright.
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I'll have to check the Deepstriking and disembarking again.

As for the table, if you land on difficult terrain, you take a difficult terrain test. oderwise i tink you put it right.

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

Hrmm... we may actually see some people take Screaming Jets now. Nice!
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Ramming? Anyone else see Dark Eldar spamming some ghost squads and using the raiders as ramming ships? Supposedly they can turn out a decent enough hit. In addition, the super gunboat squads of ten with a pair of each weapon, since we can simply embark a foot warrior squad on a raider purchased elsewhere.
    Also, we can have absolutely huge troop squads, which works in our favor as far as scoring units go.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

I have heard that from a friend of a distant cousin twice removed on my mothers side that for every 3” of movement you gain +1 armour when ramming, can anyone confirm this?

Imagine moving 18” gaining +6 to your armour!

Have I heard all this right?
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Every 3" of movement = +1 to your ramming S

Every point of AV over 10 = +1 to your ramming S

Being a Tank = +1 to your ramming S

A DE Raider wouldn't be that effective because you would need a good bit of room between you and the target to even get a decent value, and the vehicle getting rammed also hits you back although obviously he gets nothing for movement. THis means that if you're ramming AV13 he can still hurt you and you have to be at nearly max distance to even scratch him. Simply put, and I've said this is in a few forums, AV10 non-tanks just can't do an effective ram unless you get a ridiculous amount of speed built up while something like a wave serpent can get a S7 hit for only 12" of movement.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mastershake View Post
    Every 3" of movement = +1 to your ramming S

Every point of AV over 10 = +1 to your ramming S

Being a Tank = +1 to your ramming S

A DE Raider wouldn't be that effective because you would need a good bit of room between you and the target to even get a decent value, and the vehicle getting rammed also hits you back although obviously he gets nothing for movement. THis means that if you're ramming AV13 he can still hurt you and you have to be at nearly max distance to even scratch him. Simply put, and I've said this is in a few forums, AV10 non-tanks just can't do an effective ram unless you get a ridiculous amount of speed built up while something like a wave serpent can get a S7 hit for only 12" of movement.
    Ah, ok so what is the ramming strength of a Raider?

Thanks.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Because it's not a tank and has AV10, it's at S0 unless you move.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One rule change that will change armies that rely on CC is that units that win CC cannot make contact with a new unit after an assault. This will affect Wyches very much. They'll be able to kick butt in CC like always, but they will be vulnerable (very) to return fire on your opponents next turn. I'm still trying to figure out how to avoid my Wyches getting gunned down. It might make tougher units like Incubi and Grotesques more attractive.

Perhaps Jetbikes are our answer. Whenever Wyches (or warriors for that matter) assault, have a unit of Jetbikes involved on the same assault. Except the Jetbikes consolidate forward while the Wyches consolidate backward. This will at least give the Wyches a 4+ cover save due to shooting though the Jetbikes screening. The Jetbikes already have a better save.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast