Ask about army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ask about army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask about army

Newbie,
    Just want to know about Eldar Army..... i just building my eldar's army

the firs thing i just bought the battleforce n farseer with 3 warlock

now i just wanna add more army in my list..... any body can help me give me the pros n cons about each character.....

Maybe in my mind there will be shinning spears, banshees, warp spider, rangers, swooping n fire dragons....... i have to pick 3 of those so help me with the suggestion

thanks a lot

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Striving for the right Ravenscraig's Avatar
    In exile on Earth - currently in Glasgow, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by cumixxx View Post
    Newbie,
    Just want to know about Eldar Army..... i just building my eldar's army

the firs thing i just bought the battleforce n farseer with 3 warlock

now i just wanna add more army in my list..... any body can help me give me the pros n cons about each character.....

Maybe in my mind there will be shinning spears, banshees, warp spider, rangers, swooping n fire dragons....... i have to pick 3 of those so help me with the suggestion

thanks a lot
    Welcome to the light, Brother. My advice to you is that you look into the Eldar Index (listed above in the Stickied Posts) and have a good read of the excellent Tactica by Heiromyo - I believe this will give you the sort of introduction and information you are looking for. Once you have read and digested this Tactica, you should be able to refine your wants list.

~ Raven ~

"The choice between good and evil, is made by all who live, with every single heartbeat ... ... ..."

Quote Originally Posted by ZenGamer View Post
    Simple wording. On a forum, any forum, wording is all one has to go by to determine tone and intent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Warp Spiders are a solid choice as they can inflict damage on pretty much anything that has a wound (Light infantry all the way to monstrous creatures) and they can hurt light vehicles too. Fairly all purpose, fast and well amoured.

For starting the army you'll need two troops choices, Dire Avengers are also a solid choice with weapons that can match most core infantry units, excellent for take and hold situations with the exarch powers or pure offensive with some form of transport (I recommend a Falcon over Wave Serpent). However I do like Jetbikes with Warlocks attached to them (Offers speed that can match Warp Spiders) or simple Gaurdian squads (Nice bulk for size but deadly enough to make even Space Marines cringe if they get within range of their shuriken catapult) for a bit of flavour.

Dependant on how you want your army to play, choosing your core troops can develop your army greatly. The tactica ~ Ravenscraig ~kindly referenced to (many thanks) can be accessed through the link under my signiture. :happy:
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes bro,
    i just have the battleforce...... as i said.... ok then i will try to see the eldar index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battleforce, that's the 10 guardians, heavy weapon, wave serpent, warwalker 4 dire avenger + exarch pack right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendx
    *swallows pride* hey prince mike rutch, did you have a good day? *collapses*
    Quote Originally Posted by wakopanda
    so mike is to blame for all the chat deaths on earth
    Sval Foundation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guy above me yeah and to the poster if you fight SM alot banshees are good, if you expect to take on monsterus creatures or enemies that fire from a distance spears. and good luck with your army.
    "stupid overtime zombie virus."
    "I'm glad that worked. Those would have been horrible last words."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I'm a big fan of swooping hawks for anti tank. Take the intercept special rule, and about 7 of them, and you will be able to do a fair bit of damage to every vehicle on the board, and you shouldn't have too much trouble catching the enemy vehicles. Fire dragons are the stndard anti-tank infantry in the army, but I prefer the hawk set-up.
    Banshees are also very cool marine killers, as are dark reapers, whilst scorpions are better against tyranid hordes and Guard platoons.
    Alot of people swear by spiders because they are the one all-rounder unit in the army, but I prefer not to take them, more from being stubborn then any actual flaw in the unit.
    However it really is up to you, because you need an army that suits your style of play.
    The tactica is probably the most helpful thing your going to find on the subject though.
    I've written up 4 or 5 army lists in the past couple of weeks, and before starting every single one of them I've read that tactica.
    Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendx
    *swallows pride* hey prince mike rutch, did you have a good day? *collapses*
    Quote Originally Posted by wakopanda
    so mike is to blame for all the chat deaths on earth
    Sval Foundation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the suggestion, i guess i will try to decide myself which army that i have to choose

thanks a lot guys

+ Reply to Thread